Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
G. B. Bassani: Organ part only (figured bass) of 12 sonatas, published as Op. 5, Sinfonie a due, e trè instromenti, con il basso continuo per l'organo ... (Bologna, 1683)
Figured bass part for organ of 12 sonatas, published as Op. 5, Sinfonie a due, e trè instromenti, con il basso continuo per l'organo ... (Bologna, 1683), copied in late 17th or early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c.372
Extents: 16 Leaves
Dates: late 17th-early 18th cent.
Score of Giovanni Battista Bassani's Op. 8, 'Metri Sacri Resi Armonici', early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 207
Extents: 80 Leaves
Dates: early 18th cent.
'Cantata Orfeo é Euridice del Sigr. Pergolesi', [late 18th cent.]
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 298
Extents: 14 Leaves
Dates: [late 18th cent.]
Giovanni Paisiello: 'Sinfonia' from his opera La Frascatana, .
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 60, fols. 89-103
Extents: 15 Leaves
Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (1525/5-1594): 1st book of motets for 4 voices (Rome, 1563), scored up by Giovanni Maria Casini and copied by Cosimo Scuffi, late 17th or early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 287
Extents: 346 pages
Dates: late 17th or early 18th-cent.
Italian cantatas by Antonio Caldara, Francesco Mancini and Carlo Francesco Cesarini. Partly autograph, [1708-1716].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 266
Extents: 142 Leaves
A single part-book from a set of five, containing Italian instrumental pieces numbered 1-36.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e.36
Extents: 52 Leaves
Dates: 18th cent.
Keyboard music by C. P. E. Bach and J. S. Bach, 2nd half of the 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 227
Extents: 25 Leaves
'La morte di Gesù. Cantata posta in musica del Sigr. Carlo Enrico Graun, M.D.C. di S.M. Prussiana. Tradotto dal Tedesco'
'La morte di Gesù. Cantata posta in musica del Sigr. Carlo Enrico Graun, M.D.C. di S.M. Prussiana. Tradotto dal Tedesco', late 18th or early 19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 289
Extents: 133 Leaves
Dates: late 18th or early 19th cent.
Collection of mostly 18th-century manuscript music bequeathed by the pioneering Handel scholar, Thomas William Bourne (1862-1948), 1601-1902.
Extents: 2.20 Linear metres (20 boxes)
Music collected during the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries by the Blount family at Mapledurham
Music collected during the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries by the Blount family at Mapledurham, late 17th-early 19th cent., n.d.
Extents: 17 boxes (0.85 linear metres)
Dates: late 17th-early 19th cent., n.d.
A collection of music, including transcripts mainly of 17th and 18th-century Italian music, nearly all from sources in the British Museum.
Extents: 3.74 Linear metres (34 boxes)
Dates: 1870-1906, n.d.
'Erismena', opera in a prologue and 3 acts, by Pier Francesco Cavalli. Full score with English words, copied in England c 1670.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 282
Extents: 180 Leaves
Dates: c 1670
'Sonatas a 2 violini con Violone', [early 18th cent.].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 39
Extents: 15 Leaves
Dates: [early 18th cent.]
Vocal duets with continuo by Agostino Steffani and Alessandro Stradella, early 18th-cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 275
Extents: 122 pages
Dates: early 18th-cent.
Not 14 (as written on the upper board), but 15 operatic arias and songs, mainly by G.F. Handel, [1733-1765]. They are predominantly in short score.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d.309
Extents: 1 volume
- Indexed subjects
- 17th century 5
- 19th century 4
- Motets 4
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 4
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 4
- Cantatas, Sacred 3
- Songs, English 2
- Songs, Italian 2
- Trio sonatas (Violins (2), continuo) 2
- Vocal duets with continuo 2
- 16th century 1
- 20th century 1
- Anthems 1
- Bount family -- Library 1
- Cantatas -- Excerpts 1
- Cantatas, Secular 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts) with instrumental ensemble 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts), Unaccompanied 1
- Hymn tunes 1
- Keyboard instrument music 1
- Masses 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 1
- Operas 1
- Operas -- Excerpts 1
- Operas -- Excerpts, Arranged 1
- Operas -- Scores 1
- Operas, Excerpts 1
- Oratorios 1
- Oratorios -- Excerpts 1
- Orchestral music 1
- Organ music 1
- Overtures 1
- Passion music 1
- Quartets (Violins (2), cello, continuo) 1
- Sacred songs (High voice) with instrumental ensemble 1
- Sacred songs (Low voice) with instrumental ensemble 1
- Solo cantatas, Secular 1
- Solo cantatas, Secular (High voice) 1
- Sonatas (Keyboard instrument) 1
- Sonatas (Violins (2), cello and continuo) 1
- Songs (High voice) with continuo 1
- Songs, French 1
- String orchestra music 1
- Volin music 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Bassani | Giovanni Battist | c 1650-1716 | composer 2
- Caldara | Antonio | 1670-1736 | musical composer 2
- Bach | Carl Philipp Emanuel | 1714-1788 | composer and church musician 1
- Bach | Johann Sebastian | 1685-1750 | German organist, composer and Master Contrapuntist 1
- Bourne | Thomas William | 1862-1948 | musical scholar 1
- Cailò | Gian Carlo | 1659-1722 | violinist and composer 1
- Casini | Giovanni Maria | 1652-1719 | church musician and composer 1
- Cavalli | Pier Francesco | 1602-1676 | composer 1
- Cesarini | Carlo Francesco | 1666-1741 | composer 1
- Finger | Gottfried | c 1660-1730 | viol player and composer 1
- Franchi | Giovanni Pietro | d 1731 | composer 1
- Graun | Carl Heinrich | 1703/4-1759 | composer and singer 1
- Handel | George Frederick | 1685-1759 | musical composer 1
- Mancini | Francesco | 1672-1737 | composer 1
- Paisiello | Giovanni | 1740-1816 | composer 1
- Palestrina | Giovanni Pierluigi da | 1525?-1594 | composer 1
- Pergolesi | Giovanni Battista | 1710-1736 | composer 1
- Pez | Johann Christoph | 1664-1716 | composer, instrumentalist and singer 1
- Steffani | Agostino | 1654-1728 | composer, churchman and diplomat 1
- Stradella | Alessandro | 1639-1682 | composer 1