Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
'Alessandro Scarlatti's 'Il Flavio Cuniberto'
Vocal and full score, with additional parts, of Alessandro Scarlatti's 'Il Flavio Cuniberto, Opera rappresentura nel Teatro di Capranica [Rome], L'Anno 1696', early 18th cent.
Extents: 2 physical shelfmarks (0.22 linear metres)
Dates: Early 18th cent.
Arias selected from operas performed in Rome, 1696-1697, with concert arias and cantatas
Two pairs of volumes, in which were bound copies of arias selected from operas performed in Rome, 1696-1697, with concert arias and cantatas, c 1696-1697.
Extents: 4 physical shelfmarks (0.44 linear metres)
Dates: c 1696-1697
A composite volume of instrumental parts
A composite volume, containing various instrumental parts, some incomplete, late 17th/early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. d. 261 (Former reference: Quarto B. 1-6)
Extents: 1 box
Dates: Late 17th/early 18th cent.
Contemporary account of the visit by Austrian royal family to Schloss Hof near Vienna in September 1754
A contemporary account of the festivities surrounding the visit of the Austrian royal family to Schloss Hoff in September 1754 and including the first performance of Gluck's opera Le Cinesi.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 7963, fols. 72-77
Extents: 6 Leaves
Franz Joseph Haydn: 'Son pietosa, son bonina', aria from pasticcio La Circe
'Son pietosa, son bonina', aria from Haydn's pasticcio La Circe with orchestral accompaniment arranged for piano, [?late 18th cent.].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 306
Extents: 4 Leaves
Dates: [?late 18th cent.]
'Ginevra of Sicily' ('Ariodante'), opera by George Frideric Handel
Vocal score of 'Ginevra of Sicily' as adapted from George Frideric Handel's opera Ariodante [HWV 33] by Michael Rophino Lacy, with further music from other works of Handel and new material presumably composed by Lacy, [1830s-1840s].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 285
Extents: 406 pages
Giovanni Battista Pergolesi: Nei giorni tuoi felici. 'Duetto a due soprani nell'opera Olimpiade. Parole del Metastasio, musica di Giov[an]ni Batt. Pergolesi. Roma 1735.'
Nei giorni tuoi felici. 'Duetto a due soprani nell'opera Olimpiade. Parole del Metastasio.' by Giovanni Battista Pergolesi. For two sopranos, violin, viola and continuo, mid-19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 604
Extents: 8 Leaves
Dates: mid-19th cent.
Giovanni Paisiello: 'Il mio ben quando verrà', aria from the opera 'Nina, o sia La pazza per amore'
Vocal score of 'Il mio ben quando verrà', aria from the opera 'Nina, o sia La pazza per amore' by Giovanni Paisiello, early 19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 300
Extents: 6 Leaves
Dates: early 19th-cent.
Giovanni Paisiello: 'Sinfonia' from La Frascatana
Giovanni Paisiello: 'Sinfonia' from his opera La Frascatana, .
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 60, fols. 89-103
Extents: 15 Leaves
L'Ascanio, opera by Giuseppe Antonio Bernabei
Score of Giuseppe Antonio Bernabei's opera 'L'Ascanio', late 17th cent (1685 or later).
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. e. 385-387 (Former reference: Music School B. 5. 28-30)
Extents: 3 Volumes
Dates: Late 17th cent.
Maurice Greene: 'Love's revenge. A dramatick pastoral of two interludes, set to musick by Dr. Greene, 1736 [sic]'
'Love's revenge. A dramatick pastoral of two interludes, set to musick by Dr. Greene, 1736 [sic]', copied in 1743.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 281
Extents: 188 pages
Music bequeathed by T. W. Bourne
Collection of mostly 18th-century manuscript music bequeathed by the pioneering Handel scholar, Thomas William Bourne (1862-1948), 1601-1902.
Extents: 2.20 linear metres (20 boxes)
Music manuscripts from the Library of St Michael's College, Tenbury Wells
Music manuscripts from the Library of St Michael's College, Tenbury, Worcestershire, [c 1600]-1930.
Extents: 127.16 linear metres (1136 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: [c 1600]-1930
Orchestral parts used at the Holywell Music Room, Oxford
Orchestral parts of works by various composers used at the Holywell Music Room, Oxford, c 1755 - c 1820
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 638
Extents: 115 Leaves
Dates: c 1755 - c 1820
Pier Francesco Cavalli: 'Erismena', opera in a prologue and 3 acts
'Erismena', opera in a prologue and 3 acts, by Pier Francesco Cavalli. Full score with English words, copied in England c 1670.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 282
Extents: 180 Leaves
Dates: c 1670
Ruled music-book in the hand of Maurice Greene
Ruled music book in the hand of Maurice Greene, mid-18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. e. 563***
Extents: 1 box
Dates: mid 18th cent.
Songs, cantatas, and airs with English words
Songs, cantatas, and airs with English words, copied between 1730 and c 1750.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 41
Extents: 355 pages
Dates: 1730-c 1750
Two vocal part-books from a set, 'Canto Chorus 1st' and 'Canto Chorus 2nd'
Two vocal parts from a set, 'Canto Chorus 1st' and 'Canto Chorus 2nd', 18th cent.
Extents: 0.22 linear metres (2 boxes)
Dates: 18th cent.
Volume of 18th-century Italian and English arias and songs
Not 14 (as written on the upper board), but 15 operatic arias and songs, mainly by G.F. Handel, [1733-1765]. They are predominantly in short score.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d.309
Extents: 1 volume
- Indexed subjects
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 14
- 19th century 6
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 5
- Operas 5
- Operas -- Excerpts 5
- 17th century 4
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 3
- Operas, Excerpts 3
- Cantatas, Secular 2
- Motets 2
- Operas -- Scores 2
- Orchestral music 2
- Organ music 2
- Songs with continuo 2
- 13th century 1
- 16th century 1
- 20th century 1
- Anthems 1
- Cantatas, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices), Accompanied 1
- Composers, English 1
- Composers, French 1
- Composers, German 1
- Composers, Italian 1
- Evening service music 1
- Madrigals, English 1
- Madrigals, Italian 1
- Masses 1
- Morning service music 1
- Music -- Instruction and study 1
- Operas -- 18th century 1
- Operas -- Excerpts -- Vocal scores with piano 1
- Operas -- Excerpts, Arranged 1
- Operas -- Vocal scores 1
- Operas -- Vocal scores with continuo 1
- Operas, Excerpts-- Parts 1
- Oratorios 1
- Oratorios -- Vocal scores with continuo 1
- Overtures 1
- Sacred vocal music 1
- Sonatas 1
- Sonatas (Violins (2), cello and continuo) 1
- Songs (High voice) with continuo 1
- Songs (High voice) with orchestra -- Vocal scores with piano 1
- Songs with orchestra 1
- String trios 1
- Suites 1
- Vocal duets with continuo 1
- Vocal duets with instrumental ensemble 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Handel | George Frederick | 1685-1759 | musical composer 7
- Greene | Maurice | 1695-1755 | organist and composer 4
- Pergolesi | Giovanni Battista | 1710-1736 | composer 3
- Arne | Thomas Augustine | 1710-1778 | composer 2
- Boyce | William | 1710-1779 | musician 2
- Paisiello | Giovanni | 1740-1816 | composer 2
- Purcell | Henry | c 1659-1695 | composer 2
- Albinoni | Tomaso Giovanni | 1671-1750/1751 | composer 1
- Aldrich | Henry | 1648-1710 | composer 1
- Anerio | Felice | c 1560-1614 | composer 1
- Ariosti | Attilio | 1666-1729 | composer 1
- Bach | Johann Christian | 1735-1782 | composer 1
- Bassani | Giovanni Battist | c 1650-1716 | composer 1
- Batten | Adrian | d 1637 | English composer 1
- Beethoven | Ludwig van | 1770-1827 | German composer and pianist 1
- Bernabei | Ercole | 1622-1687 | composer 1
- Bernabei | Giuseppe Antonio | ? 1649-1732 | composer 1
- Bianchi | (Giuseppe) Francesco | c 1752-1810 | English composer 1
- Blow | John | 1648-1708 | composer 1
- Bononcini | Giovanni | 1670-1747 | composer 1
- Bourne | Thomas William | 1862-1948 | musical scholar 1
- Bull | John | 1562/1563–1628 | composer 1
- Burney | Charles | 1726-1814 | musician and author 1
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 1
- Caldara | Antonio | 1670-1736 | musical composer 1
- Carissimi | Giacomo | 1605-1674 | composer 1
- Cavalli | Pier Francesco | 1602-1676 | composer 1
- Child | William | 1606/1607-1697 | composer 1
- Cimarosa | Domenico | 1749-1801 | Italian composer 1
- Clarke | Jeremiah | c 1743-1809 | composer 1
- Coprario | John | c 1570/1580-1626 | composer 1
- Donizetti | Domenico Gaetano Maria | 1797-1848 | Italian composer 1
- Dupuis | Thomas Sanders | 1733-1796 | composer 1
- Durante | Francesco | 1684-1755 | composer 1
- Ferrabosco | Alfonso | 1543-1588 | composer 1
- Galuppi | Baldassare | 1706-1785 | Italian composer 1
- Gasparini | Francesco | 1661-1727 | composer and teacher 1
- Gibbons | Orlando | 1583-1625 | composer 1
- Gluck | Christoph Willibald Ritter von | 1714-1787 | composer 1
- Hasse | Johann Adolf | 1699-1783 | composer 1
- Haydn | Franz Joseph | 1732-1809 | Austrian Composer 1
- Howard | Samuel | 1710-1782 | composer and organist 1
- Jenkins | John | 1592-1678 | composer 1
- Jommelli | Niccolò | 1714-1774 | composer 1
- Lacy | Michael Rophino | 1795-1867 | violinist and composer 1
- Lanciani | Flavio Carlo | 1661-1706 | composer, cellist and copyist 1
- Lasso | Orlando di | 1532-1594 | composer 1
- Lawes | William | 1602-1645 | musician and composer 1
- Leveridge | Richard | 1670-1758 | composer and singer 1
- Mancia | Luigi | ? 1665-1708 | composer and singer 1
- Marenzio | Luca | 1553/1554-1599 | composer 1
- Mayr | Giovanni Simone | 1763-1845 | composer 1
- Ouseley | Sir | Frederick Arthur Gore | 1825–1889 | 2nd Baronet | Professor of Music at Oxford University 1
- Pachelbel | Johann | 1653-1706 | composer 1
- Perti | Giacomo Antonio | 1661-1756 | composer 1
- Sabadini | Bernardo | d 1718 | opera composer 1
- Scarlatti | Alessandro | 1660-1725 | composer 1
- Schubert | Franz | 1797-1828 | composer 1
- Simpson | Christopher | c 1602/1606-1669 | composer 1
- Spohr | Louis | 1784-1859 | composer 1
- St Michael's College | Tenbury 1
- Tallis | Thomas | c 1505-1585 | composer 1
- Taverner | John | c 1490-1545 | composer 1
- Tye | Christopher | ? 1497-1572 | composer 1
- Weldon | John | 1676-1736 | composer 1
- Wesley | Charles | 1757-1834 | musician 1
- Wesley | Samuel | 1766-1837 | musician 1
- White | Robert | c 1538-1574 | composer 1 ∧ less
- Corsican 1
- English 11
- French 1
- German 3
- Italian 12
- Latin 1