Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Account by Archibald Robertson, Bishop of Exeter, of his primary visitation of Exeter cathedral, 1910.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Devon c. 21
Extents: 133 Leaves
'Archbishop Winchelsey and the episcopate' by H. R. Leech (Kington-Oliphant Prize essay, 1946).
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. hist. c. 379
Extents: 33 Leaves
Manuscripts of Gilbert Burnet, 17th-18th century.
Extents: 1.10 Linear metres (10 boxes)
Dates: 17th-18th century
Commonplace book of Dr Ralph Baker.
Shelfmark: MS. Tanner 469
Extents: 53 Leaves
Dates: second half of the 17th century
Copy by George Harbin from an original in William Sancroft's hand of 'Advice given to A. Bp. Sancroft & ye other depriv'd Bps. by some lawyers w[ha]t they might doe', headed 'Of parliaments'
Copy by George Harbin
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. misc. d. 145
Extents: 16 Leaves
Dates: c. 1689
Letters and notes, 1859-68, concerning A. W. Haddan and W. Stubbs, Councils and ecclesiastical documents (Oxford, 1869-78)
Letters and notes, 1859-68, concerning A. W. Haddan and W. Stubbs, Councils and ecclesiastical documents (Oxford, 1869-78).
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. hist. c. 204
Extents: 66 Leaves
The manuscript and printed material from which were published at Oxford in 1753-4, in three octavo volumes, the 'Theological works of . . . Dr. John Potter, late lord arch-bishop of Canterbury . . .'
The manuscript and printed material from which were published at Oxford in 1753-4, in three octavo volumes, the 'Theological works of . . . Dr. John Potter, late lord arch-bishop of Canterbury . . .', written in the first half of the 18th century partly by archbp. Potter.
Extents: 0.33 Linear metres (3 boxes)
Dates: written in the first half of the 18th century
Preces privatae in Greek and Hebrew by Lancelot Andrewes.
Shelfmark: MS. Gr. th. f. 18
Extents: 188 pages
A valuation (valor) of the diocese of Norwich, no doubt made in 1603 for the new bishop, John Jegon.
Shelfmark: MS. Bodl. 330
Extents: 148 Leaves
Dates: Written early in the 17th century in England
- Indexed subjects
- 17th century 5
- 18th century 2
- 19th century 1
- 20th century 2
- Antiquarians 1
- Bishops -- England -- Norwich 1
- Cathedrals -- England -- Exeter 1
- Catholic Church 1
- Church of England -- Clergy 1
- Commonplace books 1
- Essays 1
- History 1
- Legal documents 1
- Letters 1
- Literature 1
- Manuscripts, Greek 1
- Norwich (England) 1
- Prayers and devotions 1
- Reformation 1
- Theology 2
- Indexed names
- Andrewes | Lancelot |1555-1626 | Bishop of Winchester 1
- Barker | Ralph | 1648-1708 | chaplain 1
- Burnet | Gilbert | 1643-1715 | Bishop of Salisbury and Historian 1
- Haddan | Arthur West | 1816-1873 | Churchman and academic 1
- Harbin | George | c. 1665-1744 | nonjuror, historical writer and antiquary 1
- Jegon | John | 1550-1618 | bishop of Norwich 1
- Potter | John | c 1673-1747 | Archbishop of Canterbury 1
- Robertson | Archibald | 1853-1931 | bishop of Exeter 1
- Sancroft | William | 1617-1693 | Archbishop of Canterbury 1
- Stubbs | William | 1825-1901 | Bishop of Oxford, Historian 1
- Tanner | Thomas | 1674-1735 | Bishop of St Asaph and antiquary 1
- Winchelsey | Robert | 1245-1313 | Catholic theologian and Archbishop of Canterbury 1
- English 7
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Hebrew 1
- Latin 1