Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Act I of Il barbiere di Siviglia, opera buffa in two acts by Gioachino Rossini, .
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 589
Extents: 290 Leaves
Autograph music manuscripts of Sir Frederic Hymen Cowen, 1878-1934.
Extents: 0.22 linear metres (2 boxes)
Copyist's full score of 'Der Freyschütz. Romantische Oper in drey Act [sic]', by Carl Maria von Weber, [c 1824?].
Extents: 0.45 linear metres (3 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: [c 1824?]
Arrangement for piano duet of Overture and Act 1 only of 'Zayre', an opera by Ernst II, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha in a mid-19th century German copy.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 295
Extents: 36 Leaves
Dates: mid-19th cent.
Ferdinand Hérold: 'Le Roi René', opera performed on 24 August 1824.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 141
Extents: 172 Leaves
Vocal score of 'Ginevra of Sicily' as adapted from George Frideric Handel's opera Ariodante [HWV 33] by Michael Rophino Lacy, with further music from other works of Handel and new material presumably composed by Lacy, [1830s-1840s].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 285
Extents: 406 pages
Gioacchino Rossini: 'Il barbiere di Siviglia', opera buffa in two acts, early - mid-19th cent.
Extents: 0.45 linear metres (3 volumes)
Dates: early - mid-19th cent.
Full score of 'Guillaume Tell', opera by Gioachino Rossini, c 1829, 1838.
Extents: 1.2 linear metres (8 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: c 1829, 1838
Abbreviated full score of 'Semiramide', opera seria by Gioachino Rossini, c 1830?
Extents: 0.6 linear metres (4 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: c 1830?
Giovanni Battista Pergolesi: Nei giorni tuoi felici. 'Duetto a due soprani nell'opera Olimpiade. Parole del Metastasio, musica di Giov[an]ni Batt. Pergolesi. Roma 1735.'
Nei giorni tuoi felici. 'Duetto a due soprani nell'opera Olimpiade. Parole del Metastasio.' by Giovanni Battista Pergolesi. For two sopranos, violin, viola and continuo, mid-19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 604
Extents: 8 Leaves
Dates: mid-19th cent.
Vocal score of 'Il mio ben quando verrà', aria from the opera 'Nina, o sia La pazza per amore' by Giovanni Paisiello, early 19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 300
Extents: 6 Leaves
Dates: early 19th-cent.
Opera 'Andromaca' by John Lodge Ellerton. First act only.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d.224
Extents: 155 Leaves
Dates: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
The M. Deneke Mendelssohn Collection contains a wealth of autographs, letters, drawing books, and other personal items relating to Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, as well as a considerable part of the composer's own library. Other relevant material is added from time to time.
Extents: 23.54 Linear metres (236 physical shelfmarks)
Collection of mostly 18th-century manuscript music bequeathed by the pioneering Handel scholar, Thomas William Bourne (1862-1948), 1601-1902.
Extents: 2.20 linear metres (20 boxes)
Music manuscripts and related material from the Horsley family papers, 1804-1982.
Extents: 1.5 linear metres (10 physical shelfmarks)
Orchestral parts of works by various composers used at the Holywell Music Room, Oxford, c 1755 - c 1820
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 638
Extents: 115 Leaves
Dates: c 1755 - c 1820
Gioacchino Rossini: 'Romanzo: Assisa a piè d'un salice', c 1818.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 264
Extents: 16 Leaves
Dates: c 1818
'Overture: introduction to Mozart's Requiem' by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. The 'Grave' section only of the Overture to Don Giovanni, c 1820?.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 297
Extents: 2 Leaves
Dates: c 1820?
- Indexed subjects
- 19th century 17
- Operas 7
- 18th century 5
- 20th century 4
- Operas -- Excerpts 4
- Composers -- Portraits 2
- Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Felix, 1809-1847 -- Correspondence 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 2
- Operas -- Scores 2
- Oratorios 2
- Orchestral music 2
- Organ music 2
- Songs with piano 2
- 17th century 1
- Anthems 1
- Ballets 1
- Cantatas, Sacred 1
- Composers -- Correspondence 1
- Concerts -- Germany -- 19th century 1
- Glees, catches, rounds, etc. 1
- Incidental music 1
- Mendelssohn family 1
- Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Cécile, 1817-1853 -- Correspondence 1
- Motets 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 1
- Music publishers -- Correspondence 1
- Operas -- Excerpts -- Vocal scores with piano 1
- Operas -- Excerpts, Arranged 1
- Operas -- Librettos 1
- Operas -- Vocal scores 1
- Operas, Excerpts -- Scores 1
- Operas, Excerpts-- Parts 1
- Overtures 1
- Part-songs, English 1
- Piano music 1
- Piano music (4 hands), Arranged 1
- Requiems -- Excerpts 1
- Sacred vocal music 1
- Sonatas (Violins (2), cello and continuo) 1
- Songs (High voice) with orchestra 1
- Vocal duets with continuo 1
- Vocal duets with instrumental ensemble 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Bartholdy | Cécile | Mendelssohn- | 1817-1853 | wife of Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy 1
- Bartholdy | Jacob Ludwig Felix Mendelssohn- | 1809-1847 | composer 1
- Bartholdy | Jacob Ludwig Felix | Mendelssohn- | 1809-1847 | composer 1
- Bourne | Thomas William | 1862-1948 | musical scholar 1
- Cowen | Sir | Frederic Hymen | 1852-1935 | Knight | composer and conductor 1
- Ellerton | John Lodge | 1801-1873 | composer 1
- Ernst II | 1818-1893 | Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha 1
- Handel | George Frederick | 1685-1759 | musical composer 1
- Hensel | Fanny Mendelssohn | 1805-1847 | composer 1
- Horsley | Charles Edward | 1821-1876 | composer 1
- Horsley | William | 1774-1858 | composer 1
- Hérold | Ferdinand | 1791-1833 | composer 1
- Lacy | Michael Rophino | 1795-1867 | violinist and composer 1
- Mozart | Wolfgang Amadeus | 1756-1791 | Austrian composer 1
- Paisiello | Giovanni | 1740-1816 | composer 1
- Pergolesi | Giovanni Battista | 1710-1736 | composer 1
- Rossini | Gioacchino Antonio | 1792-1868 | Italian operatic composer 5
- Weber | Carl Maria von | 1786-1826 | composer 1
- Corsican 1
- English 10
- French 3
- German 5
- Italian 9
- Latin 1