Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Breue sanctissimi domini mei domini Hadriani ... pape vj ad Fridericum Saxonie ducem aduersus Lutherum
'Breue sanctissimi domini mei domini Hadriani ... pape vj ad Fridericum Saxonie ducem aduersus Lutherum,' written in the 16th century in Germany.
Shelfmark: Add. C. 104
Extents: 16 Leaves
Dates: written in the 16th century in Germany
A bull of pope Pius vi appointing Carolus Aloysius Pansoja cantor
Shelfmark: MS. Lat. th. d. 2
Extents: 1 sheet
Dates: Written in A.D. 1784 at Rome
Five briefs of Benedict XIV and one of Clement XIII to Cardinal Domenico Orsini, 1744-1768.
Shelfmark: MS. Lat. hist. b. 5
Extents: 14 Leaves
'Liber Evangeliorum', an Evangeliarium written for the canons of the church of the Holy Sepulchre at Paris
'Liber Evangeliorum', an Evangeliarium written for the canons of the church of the Holy Sepulchre at Paris, written in A.D. 1658 at Paris by N. Le Roy.
Shelfmark: MS. Add. C. 148
Extents: 186 pages
Dates: written in A.D. 1658 at Paris by N. Le Roy
Manual of theology for a Roman Catholic, written in about A.D. 1565-1575.
Shelfmark: MS. Bodl. 922
Extents: 303 Leaves
Dates: written in about A.D. 1565-1575
Notice of excommunication.
Shelfmark: MS. Lat. misc. d. 96
Extents: 1 leaf
Dates: 15 Jan. 1546/7
A papal dispensation, issued by Julius II to the Bishop of Lincoln.
Shelfmark: MS. Lat. th. e. 10 (R)
Extents: 1 roll
Dates: Written in 1503 at Rome
Papers relating to the Inquisition at Rome
Extents: 0.22 Linear metres (2 boxes)
Dates: Written in the 17th-18th century
Scientific papers of Christopher and Richard Towneley relating to their work in physics, geometry and astronomy and the antiquarian papers of Christopher Towneley relating to English Roman Catholics, 17th-18th cent.
Extents: 1.05 Linear metres (17 Shelfmarks)
Roman Catholic theological and devotional works.
Extents: 3.3 Linear metres (33 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 16th - 19th cent.
Twelve letters chiefly to Sir Nathaniel Brent, warden of Merton college, Oxford, on the Council of Trent
Twelve letters chiefly to sir Nathaniel Brent, warden of Merton college, Oxford, on the Council of Trent, written in 1614-1704.
Shelfmark: MS. Bodl. 659
Extents: 27 Leaves
Dates: written in 1614-1704
- Indexed subjects
- Catholic Church 9
- 18th century 6
- 16th century 5
- 17th century 5
- Papacy 2
- Religion 2
- Theology 2
- 19th century 1
- Astronomy -- Early works to 1800 1
- Bible. -- N.T. -- Gospels 1
- Catholic Church -- England 1
- Catholic Church -- Italy -- 16th century 1
- Correspondence 1
- Excommunication 1
- Geometry 1
- Literature 1
- Marriage law 1
- Mathematics 1
- Norfolk (England) 1
- Physics 1
- Indexed names
- Aragona | Domenico Orsini d' | 1719-1789 | Cardinal 1
- Benedict XIV | 1675-1758 | Pope 1
- Brent | Sir | Nathaniel | 1573/4-1652 | ecclesiastical lawyer and college head 1
- Cicada | Joannes Bapta | fl 1542 | Bishop of Albenga, Italy 1
- Clayton | Thomas | d. 1746 | Roman Catholic priest 1
- Clement XIII | 1693-1769 | Pope 1
- Council of Trent | 1545-1563 1
- Julius II | 1443-1513 | Pope 1
- Pius VI | 1717-1799 | Pope 1
- Roy | Nicolas | Le | fl. 1658 | priest 1
- Saltmarsh | Gerard | fl. 1675-1724 | Chaplain to Duchess of Norfolk 1
- Sillver | Ferdinand | d. 1728 | Roman Catholic priest 1
- Towneley | Christopher | 1604-1674 | antiquary 1
- Towneley | Richard | 1629-1707 | natural philosopher 1
- English 3
- French 1
- Italian 3