Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Album of music collected by Emily Wilmot Horton, dated at beginning 'Sep 1837' and labelled 'Parham, Sussex'.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 232
Extents: 86 Leaves
Dates: Sept 1837
Archive of the composer William Sterndale Bennett previously with the Odling family, 1785-1994, n.d.
Extents: 3.0 Linear meters (90 boxes)
Dates: 1785-1994, n.d.
Archive of the composer William Sterndale Bennett previously with the Sterndale Bennett family, 1816-, n.d.
Extents: 3.0 Linear meters (74 boxes)
Dates: 1816-, n.d.
Autograph compositions by Oxford musicians.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c.73
Extents: 68 pages
Dates: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
Collection of about three hundred waltzes for pianoforte, with other dances and airs, early 19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 180
Extents: 194 pages
Dates: early 19th cent
Quadrille music for piano 'Composed and Inscribed to Mrs. Walshe, Rutland Square, by E. Arnold', [c 1830?].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. f.36
Extents: 9 Leaves
Dates: [c 1830?]
Autograph music manuscripts of Hubert Parry's compositions predominantly from his time at Oxford in various levels of completeness, 1867-1872.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b.401
Extents: 1 box
Music manuscripts and related material from the Horsley family papers, 1804-1982.
Extents: 1.5 linear metres (10 physical shelfmarks)
Music manuscripts of Ernest Walker, with other related materials, 1886-1948, n.d. Autograph ink scores, except where noted.
Extents: 38 physical shelfmarks (4.29 linear metres)
Dates: 1886-1948, n.d.
Manuscripts of Sir Hubert Parry's compositions in drafts, fair copies, and copies used by the printers, 1862-1950, n.d. Unpublished and other works are also included.
Extents: 5.17 Linear metres (47 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1862-1950, n.d.
Musical exercise book of Elisabeth Hastings, 1832.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 237
Extents: 50 Leaves
Dates: 1 Mar 1832
The original score of Dr. William Crotch's Oratorio of Palestine, written in or shortly before A.D. 1812 by W. Crotch.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 15
Extents: 124 pages
Dates: written in or shortly before A.D. 1812 by W. Crotch
Allegro [in B flat], probably for piano, by Sir John Goss, 14 May 1838.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 308
Extents: 1 leaf
Dates: 14 May 1838
'Tunes composed by John Malchair for the 3 stringed violin also others for the common violin. The whole adapted by William Crotch for the Piano Forte.'
'Tunes composed by John Malchair for the 3 stringed violin also others for the common violin. The whole adapted by William Crotch for the Piano Forte', written in about A.D. 1800-1835, chiefly by W. Crotch.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 32
Extents: 78 pages
Dates: written in about A.D. 1800-1835, chiefly by W. Crotch
[Op. 33], 30 Preludes and Lessons for pianoforte by Sir William Sterndale Bennett. Autograph fair copy, 1853 and 1862.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 234
Extents: 24 Leaves
Dates: 3 Mar 1853, 12 Oct 1862
Drafts, fair copies, and copies used by printers of Sir Hubert Parry's works, mostly incomplete. Unpublished works are included. The collection consists of: Choral works with orchestral accompaniment Music for Greek plays Other vocal music Orchestral works Chamber music Works for pianoforte, organ, violin, and cello …
Extents: 39 shelfmarks
- Indexed subjects
- Music 15
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 13
- Songs with piano 6
- 20th century 5
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 5
- Orchestral music 4
- Anthems 3
- Chamber music 3
- Incidental music 3
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 3
- Organ music 3
- Cantatas, Secular 2
- Composers -- Correspondence 2
- Concertos (Piano) 2
- Overtures 2
- Part songs, English 2
- Piano music (4 hands) 2
- Piano trios 2
- String quartets 2
- Symphonies 2
- Violin music 2
- Vocal music 2
- Anglican chants 1
- Cantatas, Sacred 1
- Choral music 1
- Choruses, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Secular 1
- Composers -- Diaries 1
- Composers -- England -- Oxford 1
- Composers -- Portraits 1
- Glees, catches, rounds, etc. 1
- Greek drama -- Incidental music 1
- Hymn tunes 1
- Hymns, English 1
- Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Felix, 1809-1847 -- Correspondence 1
- Operas 1
- Oratorios 1
- Orchestral works 1
- Piano quartets 1
- Quadrilles 1
- Sonatas (Cello and piano) 1
- Sonatas (Piano) 1
- Songs with orchestra 1
- Viola and music 1
- Violin and piano music 1
- Violoncello music 1
- Waltzes 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Bartholdy | Jacob Ludwig Felix Mendelssohn- | 1809-1847 | composer 1
- Bennett | James Robert Sterndale | 1847-1928 | maths and music teacher 1
- Bennett | Sir | William Sterndale | 1816–1875 | Knight | composer 3
- Case | Thomas Sterndale-Bennett | 1882-1944 | singer and entertainer 1
- Crotch | William | 1775-1847 | composer and organist 2
- Goss | Sir | John | 1800-1880 | organist and composer 1
- Horsley | Charles Edward | 1821-1876 | composer 1
- Horsley | William | 1774-1858 | composer 1
- Macfarren | Sir | George Alexander |1813–1887 | Knight | composer 1
- Malchair | John | bap 1730-1812 | folksong collector 1
- Parry | Sir | Charles Hubert Hastings | 1848-1918 | Knight | composer and musical writer 2
- Parry | Sir | Charles Hubert Hastings | 1848-1918 | Knight | composer, and musical writer 1
- Walker | Ernest | 1870-1949 | author, pianist, and composer 1
- French 1
- German 1
- Latin 1