Autograph compositions by Oxford musicians
MS. Mus. c.73
- (pp. l-8) Franklin Harvey (M.A., Magdalen College, Oxford): Prelude for organ in D minor with commencement of a Fugue which he probably destroyed, and Hymn tune 'Instow'.
- (pp. 9-20) Ernest Walker (M.A., Mus. Doc., Balliol College, Oxford): Prelude and Fugue for organ on the letters in Basil Harwood's name which have corresponding musical notes.
- (pp. 21-68) Guy Wynter (St John's College, Oxford): 'Andante pastorale' in A for organ composed at age of 12 or 13, 'Fantaisie "Herbst im Schwarzwald" for pianoforte, 'Andante' for organ later called 'Ballade' with copy by Basil Harwood containing some necessary revision, and copy of 'Imprompta' for pianoforte, transferred from the original key of G flat into G.
- Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Mus. c.73.]
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MS. Mus. c.73
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 7168
Autograph compositions by Oxford musicians.
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Dr Basil Harwood, 15 November 1947.
- Autograph compositions by Oxford musicians
- EAD version 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description