Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Collection of motets, cantatas and madrigals by Italian composers, collected by the younger Richard Goodson
Collection of motets, cantatas and madrigals by Italian composers, collected by the younger Richard Goodson, [1720s-1730s].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. c. 9
Extents: 312 pages
Score of Giovanni Battista Bassani's Op. 8, 'Metri Sacri Resi Armonici', early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 207
Extents: 80 Leaves
Dates: early 18th cent.
Latin sacred music in score by Emanuele d'Astorga, Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina and Thomas Morley. English mid-18th-century manuscript copied by 4 different hands.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 294
Extents: 220 pages
Dates: mid-18th cent.
Collection of mostly 18th-century manuscript music bequeathed by the pioneering Handel scholar, Thomas William Bourne (1862-1948), 1601-1902.
Extents: 2.20 linear metres (20 boxes)
New College, Oxford. Chapel Choir Books. Incomplete sets and isolated members of part-books which were in use from the early 17th cent. up to the middle of the 19th cent. and probably later.
Extents: 3.41 linear metres (31 boxes)
Dates: mostly 17th and 18th centuries
- Indexed subjects
- 17th century 3
- 19th century 2
- Cantatas, Sacred 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 2
- 16th century 1
- Anthems 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with continuo 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with instrumental ensemble 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Women's voices) with continuo 1
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Communion service music 1
- Evening service music 1
- Madrigals, Italian 1
- Morning 1
- Operas 1
- Operas -- Excerpts 1
- Organ music 1
- Overtures 1
- Sacred songs (High voice) with instrumental ensemble 1
- Sacred songs (Low voice) with instrumental ensemble 1
- Sonatas (Violins (2), cello and continuo) 1
- Stabat Mater dolorosa (Music) 1
- Vocal duets with continuo 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Bassani | Giovanni Battist | c 1650-1716 | composer 1
- Bourne | Thomas William | 1862-1948 | musical scholar 1
- Goodson | Richard | 1688-1741 | organist and music copyist 1
- Morley | Thomas | 1557/1558-1602 | composer and publisher 1
- Oxford University | New College 1
- Palestrina | Giovanni Pierluigi da | 1525?-1594 | composer 1
- d'Astorga | Emanuele | 1680-1757 | composer 1
- Italian 3
- Latin 2