Loose manuscript fragments, 9th-18th cent.(?)
Loose manuscript fragments, 9th-18th cent.(?), comprising:
- (fols. 1-3) extracts from the Koran in Kufic script on parchment, with red and gilt pointing, 9th cent.(?) (with labels indicating that they were found in the mosque of Amr in Cairo by Murad Bey)
- (fol. 4) fragment in Syriac on parchment, with some lettering in red, 14th-15th cent.(?)
- (fols. 5-9) miscellaneous papers in Coptic, mostly with Arabic parallel translation(?)
- (fol. 10) leaf in cryptographic script, 18th cent.(?).
- Creation: 9th-18th cent.(?)
Language of Materials
MS. Wilkinson dep. d. 126
K 1, N 3g (interim).
Found in MS. Wilkinson dep. d. 124, apart from fol. 3, found with MS. Wilkinson dep. c. 29, fols. 31-43.