Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Manuscripts of Gilbert Burnet, 17th-18th century.
Extents: 1.10 Linear metres (10 boxes)
Dates: 17th-18th century
Confession of faith of Thomas Sampson 'left with his familie at his departure', 1583.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. th. e. 44
Extents: 46 pages
'constans defensio ... Deliberationis de Christiana Reformatione...'
Shelfmark: MS. Add. C. 97
Extents: 404 Leaves
Dates: Written about A.D. 1600
Contemporary copy in an unidentified German or Flemish hand of 'Passio sanctorum patrum Carthusianorum Angliae'
Contemporary copy in an unidentified German or Flemish hand of 'Passio sanctorum patrum Carthusianorum Angliae'.
Shelfmark: MS. Lat. hist. e. 2
Extents: 83 Leaves
A copy of John Henry Blunt's Reformation of the Church of England (Lond. 1869, 2 vols.)
Extents: 0.33 Linear metres (3 boxes)
Fair copy by an amanuensis of the treatise by John Rainolds, entitled 'A defence of the judgement of the reformed churches, that a man may lawfully not only put away his wife for her adultery, but also marry another'
Fair copy by an amanuensis of the treatise by John Rainolds (1549-1607), entitled 'A defence of the judgement of the reformed churches, that a man may lawfully not only put away his wife for her adultery, but also marry another'.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. th. e. 61
Extents: 131 Leaves
Lists of pensions granted to English monks at the Reformation
Shelfmark: MS. Add. A. 209
Extents: 232 Leaves
Dates: Written about A.D. 1705-1710 by T. Tanner
Notebooks of Geoffrey Baskerville
Extents: 1.69 Linear metres (29 boxes)
Dates: [?20th century]
Percy Morris, 'Exeter Cathedral [:] Two Studies'
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. d. 3541/1-2
Extents: 438 Leaves
Treatise by Edward Gresham entitled 'The paradoxes of the Church of Rome in opposition to the orthodoxe tenents of the Church of England'
Treatise by Edward Gresham entitled 'The paradoxes of the Church of Rome in opposition to the orthodoxe tenents of the Church of England', 17th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. th. e. 60
Extents: 95 Leaves
Dates: 17th century
Typescript copy by Miss A. P. Deeley, c.1950, of ministers' accounts for Newbo abbey, 1536-1537.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Lincs. d. 4
Extents: 30 Leaves
- Indexed subjects: Reformation X
- Indexed subjects
- Reformation -- England 8
- 17th century 4
- 16th century 3
- 20th century 3
- 18th century 2
- Church 2
- Monasteries 2
- Monks 2
- Reformation 2
- Theology 2
- 19th century 1
- Cathedrals -- England -- Exeter 1
- Church of England -- Bishops 1
- Clergy 1
- Creeds 1
- Germany 1
- Great Britain -- History -- Tudor period, 1485-1603 1
- History 1
- Italy -- History 1
- Lincolnshire (England) 1
- Indexed names
- Baskerville | Geoffrey | 1870-1944 | Historian 1
- Blunt | John Henry | 1823-1884 | ecclesiastical historian and theological writer 1
- Burnet | Gilbert | 1643-1715 | Bishop of Salisbury and Historian 1
- Chauncy | Maurice | c. 1509-1581 | prior of Sheen Anglorum and martyrologist 1
- Deeley | A. P. | fl. c.1950 1
- Gresham | Edward | 1565-1613 | astrologer 1
- Morris | Percy | fl. 1940 1
- Newbo Abbey | 1198-1536 | Lincolnshire 1
- Reynolds | John | 1549-1607 | theologian and college head 1
- Sampson | Thomas | c.1517-1589 | Church of England clergyman and reformer 1
- Tanner | Thomas | 1674-1735 | Bishop of St Asaph and antiquary 1
- English 8
- Latin 3