Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Thomas Barlow's manuscripts collection.
Extents: 6.05 Linear metres (55 boxes)
Dates: 10th-17th century
Calendars of deeds and transcript of fragmentary medieval exempla by Alexander Hamilton Thompson.
Shelfmark: MS. Lat. misc. e. 126
Extents: 1 item
Dates: n.d. [c.1900-1950]
Manuscripts collected by John Fell.
Extents: 2.20 Linear metres (17 boxes)
Dates: 12th-17th century
Incomplete draft of a catalogue by Hermann Kantorowicz of medieval canon and civil law manuscripts in the Bodleian Library
Incomplete draft of a catalogue by Hermann Kantorowicz of medieval canon and civil law manuscripts in the Bodleian Library, 1938-1939.
Shelfmark: R. 16. 154 (Former reference: MS. Lat. misc. d. 71)
Extents: 139 Leaves
Manuscripts, mainly medieval, collected by Lyell, arranged in the following categories: British Isles France Germany and Austria Italy Netherlands Portugal Spain Greek Hebrew Arabic Lyell empt.
Extents: 169 shelfmarks
Dates: 11th-20th cent.
Microfilms and reproductions mostly of medieval and renaissance manuscripts of Latin classical texts, collected by Dr Michael Winterbottom, consisting of: Quintilian, Institutio oratoria - see M. Winterbottom's edition, Oxford Classical Texts, 2 vols., 1970, and his articles, 'Fifteeth-century manuscripts of Quintilian' in The Classical Quarterly, N.S. 17…
Extents: 44 shelfmarks
Dates: 20th cent.
Microfilms of the Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts held by St. John's College.
Extents: 75 shelfmarks
Dates: 20th cent.
Black-and-white photographs of medieval manuscripts, arranged alphabetically by library, made from P. Liebaert's negatives.
Extents: 8 shelfmarks
Dates: 20th century
Typed transcript by Robert Steele, of Cambridge University Library MS. Ii. vi. 5, fols. 85v-8 (13th century), 'De sompno et vigilia' ascribed to Roger Bacon
Typed transcript by Robert Steele, of Cambridge University Library MS. Ii. vi. 5, fols. 85v-8 (13th century), 'De sompno et vigilia' ascribed to Roger Bacon.
Shelfmark: MS. Lat. misc. d. 72
Extents: 22 Leaves
Dates: Date not recorded at the time of cataloguing
Anthony À Wood's manuscript collection.
Extents: 18.48 Linear metres (168 boxes)
Dates: 11th-17th century
- Indexed subjects
- Manuscripts, Medieval 9
- 20th century 6
- 16th century 3
- 17th century 3
- x - 12th century 3
- x - 13th century 3
- x - 14th century 3
- x - 15th century 3
- Manuscripts, Renaissance 2
- x - 11th century 2
- 18th century 1
- 19th century 1
- Allington | Lincolnshire | SK 8540 1
- Berkshire (England) 1
- Bodleian Library -- Catalogs 1
- Buckinghamshire (England) 1
- Cambridge | Cambridgeshire | TL 4558 1
- Classical literature 1
- Genealogy 1
- Heraldry 1
- Law 1
- Manuscripts -- Catalogs 1
- Manuscripts -- Medieval 1
- Manuscripts, English (Middle) 1
- Manuscripts, Greek 1
- Oxford (England) 1
- Philosophy 1
- Religion 1
- Saints 1
- x - 10th century 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Abbo of Fleury | ? 945-1004 | French monk 1
- Bacon | Roger | ? 1214-1294 | philosopher 1
- Barlow | Thomas | 1607-1691 | Bishop of Lincoln 1
- Cornelius Tacitus | Publius or Gaius | 56-? 120 | Latin teacher and writer 1
- Fabius Quintilianus | Marcus | 35-? 96 | Roman rhetorician 1
- Fell | John | 1625-1686 | Bishop of Oxford 1
- Fleury | Abbo of | ? 945-1004 | see Abbo of Fleury 1
- Kantorowicz | Hermann | 1877-1940 | jurist and professor 1
- Langbaine | Gerard | 1609-1658 | Provost of Queen's College Oxford, Royalist Pamphleteer and Archivist 1
- Liebaert | Paul | d 1915 1
- Lyell | James Patrick Ronaldson | 1871-1948 | book and manuscript collector 1
- Quintilian | 35-? 96 | see Fabius Quintilianus, Marcus 1
- Steele | Robert | 1860-1944 | of Cambridge University | librarian, medievalist, philologist 1
- Tacitus | 56-? 120 | see Cornelius Tacitus, Publius or Gaius 1
- Thompson | Alexander Hamilton | 1873-1952 | historian 1
- University of Oxford 1
- University of Oxford | St. John's College 1
- Winterbottom | Michael | b 1934 | Corpus Christi Professor of Latin 1
- Wood | Anthony | 1632-1695 | Antiquary 1
- Arabic 1
- English 5
- English, Middle (1100-1500) 1
- French 2
- German 1
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453) 4
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Hebrew 1
- Italian 2
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1