Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
A collection of some poems and translations [from Greek and Latin] plac'd as they were done by J. F.'
A collection of some poems and translations [from Greek and Latin] plac'd as they were done by J. F.', late 17th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. poet. f. 17
Extents: 174 pages
Dates: Late 17th century.
The Cyropaedia of Xenophon, translation exercise by Richard Gough, written about A.D. 1750.
Shelfmark: MS. Add. D. 107
Extents: 514 Leaves
Dates: written about A.D. 1750
Latin translation of some of Plutarch's Lives (Theseus and Romulus; Lycurgus and Numa; Solon and Publicola) by Edward Pococke.
Shelfmark: MS. Lat. class. e. 22
Extents: 40 Leaves
Printed text, 'Ερμογένους περί ιδεών τόμοι δύο (Strasburg, 1955).
Shelfmark: MS. Gr. class. f. 108
Extents: 252 Leaves
- Indexed subjects
- 16th century 2
- 17th century 1
- 18th century 1
- Antiquarians 1
- Authors, Classical 1
- Greek literature 1
- Poetry 2
- Indexed names
- Gough | Richard | 1735-1809 | antiquary 1
- Hermogenes | 161-180 | of Tarsus, Greek rhetorician 1
- J. F. | fl. 1660-1700 1
- Plutarch | c.46–c.119 | philosopher, biographer, essayist, and priest 1
- Pococke | Edward | d. 1636 | clergyman and Fellow of Magdalen College, Oxford. 1
- English 1
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453) 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1