Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The archive of the composer Robert Simpson comprising predominantly photocopies of Simpson's music manuscripts, his writings and recordings, together with printed material (concert programmes, published music and books from the composer's library). Material created by the Robert Simpson Society also forms part of this archive.
Extents: 25.0 Linear metres (117 boxes)
Dates: c.1840-2016, n.d.
Collection of material relating to George Butterworth, his father Alexander Kaye Butterworth and Lady Butterworth (née Ionides)
Photographs and correspondence between members of the Butterworth family and significant figures from the musical and literary world in England at the turn of the 20th century.
Extents: 0.6 Linear metres (3 shelfmarks)
- Indexed subjects
- 19th century 1
- Butterworth, George Sainton Kaye, 1885-1916 -- Photographs 1
- Concert programs -- England 1
- Concerts -- England -- 20th century 1
- Music -- 20th century -- history and criticism 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 1
- Simpson, Robert, 1921-1997 -- Criticism and interpretation 1
- Indexed names
- Butterworth | George Sainton Kaye | 1885-1916 | composer and folk song collector 1
- Butterworth | Sir | Alexander Kaye | 1854-1946 | Knight | railway manager 1
- Simpson | Robert Wilfred Levick | 1921-1997 | composer 1
- The Robert Simpson Society 1