Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Collection of motets and other vocal music, mainly by Giovanni Battista Bassani and Giacomo Carissimi
Collection of motets and other vocal music, mainly by Giovanni Battista Bassani and Giacomo Carissimi. English copy in the hand of Sampson Estwick, [1690s].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 590
Extents: 207 Leaves
Fragment from a work on musical theory concerning composition for four voices, 2nd half of 17th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 60, fols. 106-110
Extents: 5 Leaves
Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (1525/5-1594): 1st book of motets for 4 voices (Rome, 1563), scored up by Giovanni Maria Casini and copied by Cosimo Scuffi, late 17th or early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 287
Extents: 346 pages
Dates: late 17th or early 18th-cent.
- Indexed subjects
- 16th century 1
- 18th century 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Accompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Secular (Men's voices), Accompanied 1
- Choruses, Secular (Women's voices), Accompanied 1
- Composition (Music) -- Instruction and study -- Early works to 1800 1
- Motets 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 1
- Music theory -- Early works to 1800 1
- Indexed names
- Bassani | Giovanni Battist | c 1650-1716 | composer 1
- Carissimi | Giacomo | 1605-1674 | composer 1
- Casini | Giovanni Maria | 1652-1719 | church musician and composer 1
- Palestrina | Giovanni Pierluigi da | 1525?-1594 | composer 1
- English 1
- Italian 1