Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Black and white photograph of the Residency, Kigoma (mid 1920s); five illustrated Christmas menu cards with guests signatures (1923-1924 and 1927-1929); watercolour of Kigoma Bay, Lake Tanganyika, from the verandah by Sir Alison Russell (1923).
Extents: 7 items
Correspondence, diary and photographs of C.J. Bagenal comprising typescript copies of his letters home during the Boer War (1900-1902), with handwritten introduction and notes made in 1951; diary (typed at a later date) covering the East African Campaign (1915-1917), and three albums of photographs of Tanganyika, South Africa and Ireland (1914-1941).
Extents: 4 volumes, 1 file
Diary and photographs as private secretary to Lord Hailey when the latter was Director of the African Research Survey. Correspondence, reports etc. concerning land and agriculture in Tanganyika. Account books and files relating to Dungo Farm. Also, a collection of Kenya Draft Township Development Plans drawn by Elliot Fitzgibbon, who was Municipal and Town Planning Engineer to the Kenya Government from 1928-1934.
Extents: 17 boxes, 1 volume
Letters, press cuttings and printed material relating to his service as Provincial Commissioner, Lake Province, Tanganyika, 1951-1959; with four files of photographs.
Extents: 1 box
Correspondence and reports (1954-1958) as Provincial Commissioner, Lake Province, Tanganyika, concerning Geita district and the Sukumaland Council. Also, correspondence (1954-1959) relating to possible promotion, pension and retirement.
Extents: 2 Files
Letters to his parents; reports and memoranda, etc. while a colonial administrator in Tanganyika and including war service in the Middle East. Also, anthropological notes and articles.
Extents: 3 boxes, 1 volume
Photographs of people, buildings and scenery in and around Kiberege taken by Arthur Theodore Culwick.
Extents: 2 folders
- Indexed subjects
- Africa -- Pictorial works 1
- Agriculture -- Africa 1
- Farms -- Tanzania -- Mboamaji 1
- Ireland -- Pictorial works 1
- Kiberege (Tanganyika) -- Pictorial works 1
- Menus 1
- Official residences -- Tanzania -- Kigoma 1
- Photographs 1
- South African War, 1899-1902 -- Personal narratives 1
- Tanganyika, Lake -- Pictorial works 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- German East Africa -- Personal narratives 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- German East Africa -- Pictorial works 1
- Indexed names
- African Research Survey 1
- Bagenal | Charles James | 1877-1955 | Soldier and Colonial Administrator 2
- Culwick | Arthur Theodore | b 1905 | Colonial Administrator 1
- Hailey | William Malcolm | 1872-1969 | 1st Baron Hailey 1
- Malcolm | Donald Wingfield | b 1907 | colonial administrator 1
- Russell | Alison | 1875-1948 | Sir | Chief Justice Tanganyika 1
- Tripe | William Borrowdale | 1906-1972 | Colonial Administrator 1
- Walden | Stanley Arthur | 1905-1980 | Colonial Administrator 2