Manuscripts chiefly by Browne Willis
Two manuscripts chiefly by Browne Willis:
- (fol. 1). 'Catalogus decanorum et canonicorum Collegij de Windsor, per Thomam Frith ...', copied from a Barlow MS., Jun 1694. Pages or cols. 335-361 of a larger volume.
- (fol. 11). Notes by Browne Willis correcting and adding to the 1716 ed. of Le Neve's Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae, and including four letters to Tanner, 28 Apr 1715, 1 Feb 1722, 12 Jul 1722 (?), and one undated.
- Creation: 1694, c. 1710-1720
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Tanner 468, fols. 1-2].
MS. Tanner 468
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 21128
Manuscripts chiefly by Browne Willis, 1694, c. 1710-1720.
Biographical / Historical
Browne Willis (1682–1760) was an antiquary.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 10301.
'Thom. Tanner' on fol. 1.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
By his will Tanner's manuscripts passed to the Library, and were received in 1736, about three months after his death.
13 1/2 × 9 in.
- Manuscripts chiefly by Browne Willis
- EAD version 2021 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description