Four separate pieces by Richard Gough
MS. Add. B. 112
Held at the Weston Library
Four separate pieces by Richard Gough:
- (fol. 2). 'A catalogue of ... paintings, statues etc. in ... Rome: from Keysler's Travels vol. 2d.'
- (fol. 76). 'The travels of Bin-Ammul, sirnamed the Curious', an Oriental romance.
- (fol. 128). 'Astro-mythology, or a short account of the Constellations ... 1756.'
- (fol. 152). 'Abstract of [J. B. Colbert, marquis de] Torcy's Memoirs, part i': the memoirs were published in Paris in 1756.
Gough's name only occurs on a (later) note on fol. i.
- written in the third quarter of the 18th century by R. Gough
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Add. B. 112, fols. 1-2]
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MS. Add. B. 112
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 20013
Four separate pieces by Richard Gough, written in the third quarter of the 18th century by R. Gough.
Biographical / Historical
Richard Gough (1735–1809) was an antiquary.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 29628.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This was part of lot 137 in the second Hartley sale on May 3, 1886, and were purchased by John W. Ford for £6 12s., who re-sold them to the Bodleian for the same sum soon after.
6 7/8 × 4 3/8 in.
- Four separate pieces by Richard Gough
- EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description