- 2nd half of 17th cent. (fol 1). 'An account of the Turkish religion', beg. 'Mahomet having attained to 40 years of age.'
- Early 18th cent. (fol. 19). A fragment of an index to a work on Excise, containing the part relating to Wool (pp. 273-end of the original work)
- 17th cent. (fol. 25). Theological notes, including sermons on 1 Tim. i. 15, Rom. iv. 25: stated in the Phillipps sale catalogue (see below) to be by Henry Fairfax (d. 1665)
- 18th cent. (fol. 69). Notes in French, Italian, Latin, and English, in two hands
- About A.D. 1700 (fol. 81). Criticisms on, and additions to, bp. William Nicolson's English Historical Library, pt. 2 (Lond. 1697, 8°), apparently by bp. Thomas Tanner, not complete: to which is added a list of some English historical works, printed and in manuscript, perhaps a supplement to Nicolson's work, but itself once fols. 249-52 in a larger volume
- Creation: Made up of several MSS. written in the 17th and 18th centuries
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. misc. f. 17, fols. 1-2]
MS. Eng. misc. f. 17
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 19411
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. VI, no. 32549
Part of Phillipps MS. 10322, and so part of 'MSS. Fairfax & Wilkins, from Leeds Castle, Kent', bought in 1831.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
In the Phillipps sale, June 8, 1898, lot 425, when it was bought by the Bodleian.
7 × 4 3/8 in.
- Historical Miscellanea
- EAD version 2020 by Alice Whichelow
- Language of description
- Script of description