'Seldeniana', collected by dr. David Wilkins
MS. Bodl. 1022
Held at the Weston Library
'Seldeniana', collected by dr. David Wilkins, whose name does not appear:
- (fol. 5). Notes and literary references towards a life of Selden;
- (fol. 18). 'La Vie de Jean Selden par P. C.', i.e. Paulus Colomesius, see Wilkins's Life of Selden in Seldeni Opera (1726) vol. i, p. lii, beg. 'Les Heros de la Republique des Lettres ');
- (fol. 38). 'Joannis Seldeni Vita, conscripta à D. W[ilkins], inchoata in Palatio Archiepiscopali Croydoniæ mense Septembri 1721 & qs [quasi?] finita mense Februarii 1723/4 in Palatio Lambethano.'
This is a draft with corrections for the Life prefixed to Wilkins's edition of Selden's works.
- written in about 1720-1724 by D. Wilkins
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Bodl. 1022, fols. 1-2]
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MS. Bodl. 1022
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 18636
'Seldeniana', collected by dr. David Wilkins, written in about 1720-1724 by D. Wilkins.
Biographical / Historical
David Wilkins (1685–1745) was a Coptic scholar.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 28646.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought by the Library in 1855 for £1 2s.
7 3/4 × 6 1/8 in.
- 'Seldeniana', collected by dr. David Wilkins
- EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description