English translation, c.1700, of works of Origen
English translation, of works of Origen, including:
- (pp. 1-86) the 'Exhortation to martyrdom';
- (pp. 89-130) 'Africanus's letter about the story of Susanna' and Origen's letter to Africanus;
- (pp. 139-337) the 'Treatise on prayer';
- (pp. 339-47) extracts from 'Against Celsus', with a note on p. 339 referring to the Cambridge edition of 1677.
- Creation: c.1700
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. th. d. 53, pp. 1-2].
MS. Eng. th. d. 53
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 9872
English translation, c.1700, of works of Origen.
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991). Vol. 2, no. 46680.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought, Francis Norman, cat. 40 (1962), 272.
19th-century quarter blue morocco, marbled boards, lettered 'Origen on martyrdom & prayer. M.S.' on spine
- English translation, c.1700, of works of Origen
- EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description