Collection by William Parry, Fellow of Jesus College, Oxford
Collection by William Parry, Fellow of Jesus College, Oxford, containing 'carmina quadragesimalia', miscellaneous English and Latin verse, and:
- (fols. 61v-67, 133-137, 138v-145, 147v-149, 152-158, 174v-177) university orations, 1670-1703;
- (fols. 132-133, 158-174, 182-184) college orations, 1669-1709;
- (fols. 145-149v, 164-177) pieces 'Ex MS. Gul. Wynn'.
Verse in Crum.
- Creation: 1713-1728
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. poet. f. 13, fols. 1-2].
MS. Eng. poet. f. 13
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 16301
Collection by William Parry, Fellow of Jesus College, Oxford.
Biographical / Historical
William Parry (bap. 1687, d. 1756) was an antiquary and Fellow of Jesus College, Oxford.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991). Vol. 2, no. 46510.
Bookplate of William Parry, 1724; owned by Falconer Madan.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by F. F. Madan, 1938.
- Collection by William Parry, Fellow of Jesus College, Oxford
- EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description