Volume of various manuscripts and printed material by and about John Nichols
- Fols. 2-22. manuscript and printed verse by John Nichols, 1805-21
- Fols. 23-32. Journal of a very young lady's tour from Canonbury to Aldborough (privately printed by Nichols and Son, 1804)
- Fols. 34-71. two printed versions of a memoir of Nichols by Alexander Chalmers, extracted from the Gentleman's Magazine for Dec. 1826
- Fol. 72. water-colour of Nichols's birthplace by R. B. Schnebbelie, 1825.
- Creation: c. 1804-1826
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Don. c. 67, fols. 1-2]
MS. Don. c. 67
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 16822
Volume of various manuscripts and printed material by and about John Nichols, c. 1804-1826
Biographical / Historical
John Nichols (1745-1826) was a printer and writer.
Other Finding Aids
Elkin Mathews, cat. 100 (1945), item 68.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by the Friends of the Bodleian, 1946.
bound by G. Pymm in dark green morocco, gilt
- Volume of various manuscripts and printed material by and about John Nichols
- EAD version 2019 by Alice Whichelow
- Language of description
- Script of description