Miscellaneous topographical drawings and water-colours
Miscellaneous topographical drawings and water-colours, 18th-20th century, including:
- (fol. 5) a drawing of Aynho church, Northants., by Joseph Wilkins, c.1860;
- (fol. 6) a drawing of Steane chapel, Northants., by John Buckler, 1824;
- (fol. 7) a plan of the Roman camp at Chesterton, Salop., by John Pointer, 18th century.
- Creation: 18th-20th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Top. gen. b. 80, fols. 1-2]
MS. Top. gen. b. 80
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 17832
Miscellaneous topographical drawings and water-colours, 18th-20th century.
Biographical / Historical
John Buckler (1770–1851) was an English artist and architect.
John Pointer (bap.1668-1754) was an English antiquary.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 54117.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Miscellaneous topographical drawings and water-colours
- EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description