Guard-book of notes on the abbey at Dore, Herefordshire and church bells
- (fols. 1-2) notes on the abbey at Dore, Herefs., by Mathew Gibson, early 18th cent. (Phillipps MS. 36461; Sotheby's, 24 June 1935, lot 101; bought, L. Hyman, cat. 22 (1937), 148);
- (fols. 3-22) loose papers from J. R. Jerram's collections on church bells (Summary Catalogue nos. 53935-53938).
- Creation: early 18th-early 20th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Top. eccles. c. 8, fols. 1-2]
MS. Top. eccles. c. 8
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 17808
Guard-book of notes on the abbey at Dore, Herefs. and church bells, early 18th-early 20th century.
Biographical / Historical
Mathew Gibson (d.1740-41) was an English antiquary.
James Richard Jerram was a church bell-hanger of Salisbury, Wiltshire.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 53941.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Guard-book of notes on the abbey at Dore, Herefordshire and church bells
- EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description