Material from the Carrickfergus Louis MacNeice centenary
MS. Eng. c. 7379
Printed ephemera and other material deriving from the Carrickfergus Louis MacNeice centenary exhibition, conference and community outreach programme 10 September- 14 December 2007, comprising:
- (fol. 1) a printed flyer for the exhibition and outreach programme
- (fols. 2-6) a list of items exhibited
- (fols. 7-8) two sheets of photographic paper containing 40 jpeg prints of items in the exhibition and of guests at the opening and at a poetry reading in St Nicholas Parish Church, including Seamus Heaney, Michael Longley and Corinna MacNeice
- (fols. 9-16) an inscribed printout of the conference plenary address by Jon Stallworthy, 'Louis in Love' [a shorter version was subsequently published in the Times Literary Supplement, 19 December 2007]
- (17-26) a printed pamphlet authored by Carrickfergus Museum and Civic Centre, Louis MacNeice Centenary: Poet Writer and Broadcaster 1907-1963
- (fol. 27) a DVD, Carrickfergus, n.d.
- 2007, n.d.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. c. 7379].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MS. Eng. c. 7379
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 11757
Printed ephemera and other material deriving from the Carrickfergus Louis MacNeice (1907-1963) centenary exhibition, conference, and community outreach programme 10 September- 14 December 2007.
Biographical / Historical
Frederick Louis MacNeice CBE (1907-1963) was a British poet and playwright who was part of the generation of the 'Auden Group'. Shortly after he was born his family moved to Carrickfergus in Northern Ireland.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Helen Rankin (folios 1-8, 17-27) and Jon Stallworthy (fols. 9-16), in 2007.
- Material from the Carrickfergus Louis MacNeice centenary
- Finding aid prepared by Original catalogue by Judith Priestman. EAD version by Rachael Gardner
- Language of description