Two Interleaved Volumes of A. Wood's Antiquities of Oxford (1786)
Two interleaved volumes of A. Wood's Antiquities of Oxford (1786) with several hundred drawings, some in watercolour, portraits, arms, brasses, old plans, etc., with manuscript additions, partly by Henry Hinton, written and printed before 1811.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Top. Oxon. d. 340].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Top. Oxon. d. 340-1
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13492
Biographical / Historical
Anthony Wood (1632-1695), see the Dictionary of Biography, and Henry Hinton (1749-1816) were antiquaries.
Other Finding Aids
P.S. Spokes, Summary Catalogue of Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library relating to the city, county, and university of Oxford. Accessions from 1916 to 1962 (Oxford, 1964).
Formerly owned by Rev. W. Dyke (Vice-Principal of Jesus College 1844, died 1880) and Falconer Madan, 1881.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Falconer Madan, 1938.
- Two Interleaved Volumes of A. Wood's Antiquities of Oxford (1786)
- Susan Thomas
- Language of description