Records of the Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society
- Minutes of general meetings and committee meetings;
- Memoranda and registers;
- Accounts and financial records;
- Photographic collections relating to Oxfordshire churches;
- Miscellaneous papers of the Society.
- Creation: 1835-1969
7.92 linear metres (72 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. Dep. c. 586 (fols. 1-2)].
Full range of shelfmarks:
Dep. c. 586-594, c. 600, d. 510-556, d. 558-560, e. 263-268, f. 59-64
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13672
Records of the Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society, comprising Minute books, accounts, correspondence and papers of the Society.
Biographical / Historical
The Society was founded in 1839 as The Society for Promoting the Study of Gothic Architecture. It was renamed The Oxford Architectural Society in 1848 and was refounded as the Oxford Architectural and Historical Society in 1860. In 1972 the Society was renamed the Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society (OAHS) when it merged with The Oxfordshire Archaeological Society.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were deposited by the committee of the Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society, 1978-1979.
- Records of the Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society
- Collection level description by Emily Tarrant. EAD version 2021 by Simon Mackley.
- EAD version 2021
- Language of description
- Script of description