Sketches and water-colours, site plans, notes, manuscript and printed maps, squeezes, tracings etc., c.1821-56
Loose papers, c.1821-56, comprising sketches and water-colours, site plans, notes, manuscript and printed maps, squeezes, tracings, and copies of Arabic inscriptions and texts, relating to ancient and contemporary Egypt, Baalbek in Lebanon, Dalmatia, and the British Isles, including:
- (fols. 1-5) papers concerning the Pyramids at Giza, n.d.
- (fol. 11) letter from Edward William Lane, n.d.
- (fols. 54-5) manuscript maps of Dalmatia [relating to a map published in Dalmatia and Montenegro], n.d.
- (fol. 47) manuscript map of part of North Africa, n.d.
- (fols. 63-94) miscellaneous manuscript and printed material.
- Creation: c.1821-56
Language of Materials
MS. Wilkinson dep. a. 27
'Baalbek - my plan of - Dalmatia c...;' (W); M 12, M 9, M 13 (interim).
Found together in a portfolio, apart from fols. 78-93 and 94, found in MS. Wilkinson dep. a. 24 and with MS. Wilkinson dep. b. 14, fols. 1-155a, 156-214, respectively.