Miscellaneous loose papers, c.1821-1876
Miscellaneous loose papers, c.1821-1876, mainly relating to Egyptology, comprising:
- (fols. 1-26) drawings of Egyptian objects and papyri in the Abbott collection
- (fols. 27-31) copies and translations of inscriptions on the Rosetta Stone
- (fols. 32-53) drawings of Egyptian objects in the museum at Alnwick Castle (Northumberland)
- (fols. 54-9) engravings of Egyptological subjects (a few by Wilkinson)
- (fols. 60-80) sketches, notes and copies of hieroglyphic, hieratic and Greek inscriptions
- (fols. 81-113) drawings and notes, with (fols. 85-9, 109-10) letters to Wilkinson and others, 1861-76, and (fol. 112) albumen monochrome photographic print
- (fols. 114-25) sketches, plans, copies of Greek inscriptions and squeezes, with (fols. 119-21) letter from A.H. Rhind, 1856
- (fol. 126) sketch of human proportions
- (fols. 127-214) copies of hieroglyphic, demotic, Coptic and Greek inscriptions, with related notes, drawings of objects and (fols. 153-7, 171, 194-8) letters to Wilkinson, 1830-7, n.d.
- (fols. 215-31) site plans and copies of paintings and hieroglyphic inscriptions relating to el-Amarna.
- Creation: c.1821-1876
Language of Materials
MS. Wilkinson dep. a. 25
XX (GIA); B add. 1 (interim).