Maps and plans, copies of inscriptions, drawings etc., c.1821-65
Loose papers (not all in Wilkinson's hand), c.1821-65, comprising:
- (fols. 1-63) manuscript and printed maps of Egypt and the Middle East, with site plans, including (fols. 1-8) parts of a map of Egypt by Wilkinson
- (fols. 63-112) copies of hieroglyphic, hieratic, demotic and Greek papyri and inscriptions, including (fols. 63-71) material relating to the Turin papyrus
- (fols. 113-38) chronological tables of royal names in hieroglyphics, with related notes
- (fols. 139-51) drawings of ancient Egyptian objects and carvings (some from collections)
- (fols. 152-4) drawing, water-colour and tracing of Syrian and Roman antiquities
- (fols. 155-65) letters to Wilkinson with drafts of replies and notes, 1850, 1865, n.d.
- (fol. 166) original wrapper.
- Creation: c.1821-65
Language of Materials
MS. Wilkinson dep. a. 20
'Parts of my Early & late maps Natron Lakes - Journey to Ethiopia - & various hieroglyphics' (W); M 8 (interim).
For other loose papers found with these, see MSS. Wilkinson dep. c. 22, fols. 126-31, 255-6; c. 31, fols. 64-72, 177.