Copies of inscriptions, drawings, notes, plans etc., c.1821-60
Loose papers, c.1821-60, comprising copies of hieroglyphic, demotic, Coptic and Greek inscriptions and papyri, drawings of ancient Egyptian tomb paintings and objects, notes (not all by Wilkinson), site plans including (fols. 280-93) plans of fortresses, and sketch maps including (fols. 305-11) tracings for the Topographical Survey of Thebes. Also with:
- (fol. 46) letter in Greek from George Triantaphyllos, 1842
- (fols. 128-9) letters in Arabic to 'Isma'il Effendi' (Wilkinson), 1831
- (fol. 147) copy of a letter in Arabic from Abdallah ben Saood [Abdullah bin Saud], n.d. (recipient unclear, original dated 1806-7)
- fols. 179, 212, 264-5) letters, 1844, 1860, 1842
- (fols. 294-7, 303) printed material (some in Arabic), 1841, n.d.
- Creation: c.1821-60
Language of Materials
MS. Wilkinson dep. a. 19
'Coptic and other inscriptions...' (W); XVII, 13 (GIA); B 13 (interim).