Papers of other members of the Warton family, 1762-1852, n.d.
Dep. c. 550
Held at the Weston Library
- (fol. 1) letter from Elizabeth Warton, wife of the elder Thomas, to her daughter-in-law Mary, wife of Joseph, n.d.
- (fols. 2-73) papers of Jane Warton, including (fols. 2-3) letter from her to her niece Charlotte, n.d., (fols. 4-5) poem by her on the death of her brother Thomas, n.d., (fols. 6-11) drafts of two wills, 1800, 1807, (fols. 15-67) drafts of her account of her brother Thomas, n.d., (fols. 68-9) drafts of her letter printed in The Gentleman's Magazine, LXIV (Sept. 1794) pp.806-7, and (fols. 71-3) copies by her of elegies on her brother Joseph, c.1800
- (fols. 74-5) letter from Joseph Warton the younger to his aunt Jane, 1762, with (fols. 76-7) extract from the registry of the Prerogative Court of Canterbury of the grant of administration of his goods to his wife, 1805
- (fols. 78-126) papers of John Warton, 1793-1821, including (fol. 78) transcript of the parish register of Belchalwell, Dorset, 1793, signed by him as curate, (fols. 97-110) miscellaneous notes, n.d., many concerning Dryden's works, and (fols. 111-23) leaves from a notebook containing extracts from printed works and poems by John, n.d.
- (fols. 127-33) papers of Charlotte Warton and her husband Jacob Hollest, 1777-1841, including (fol. 127) letter from Charlotte to her aunt Jane, 1777, and (fols. 132-3) will of Charlotte, 1841
- (fol.134) letter from Ann, daughter of Dr. Joseph Warton, to her mother, n.d.
- fols. 135-6) verses addressed to Mary Warton, 1811;
- (fols. 137-8) part of a legal opinion on a marriage settlement, probably of one of the daughters of Dr. Joseph Warton, n.d.
- (fols. 139-52) papers of Catherine Sarah Swann (née Warton), 1829-1852, n.d., including letters to her from (fols. 148-9) Philip N. Shuttleworth, 1836, and (fols. 150-1) Lord Palmerston, 1852
- (fols. 153-76) miscellaneous papers, 18th-19th cent., including (fols. 153-61) recipes, 18th cent., and (fols. 163-4) a letter from William Wilberforce, 1809
- Creation: 1762-1852, n.d.
Language of Materials
Dep. c. 550