Dunn School: Notebook 17, Nov 2000-Jul 2001
Notebook covers experiments including:
- Experiment 678: Shows both 5' & 3' strands needed for transcripts by recombinant flu polymerase. Also the polymerase trimer is required; no activity with all 3 possible dimers.
- Experiment 680: Globin primer gives a signal.
- Experiment 687: Heat stability tests on wild type and various PA mutant-containing recombinant polymerases (with PA mutants prepared by Ervin Fodor and Mandy Crow).
- Experiment 698: Further experiments with Andrew Catchpole (DPhil student).
- Experiments 701, 715, 732, 742, 743, 744 etc.: Test if RNA protection against denaturation is dependent on panhandle formation with various RNA mutants, in base–paired regions and separately in the 5' and 3' hairpin loops.
- Many unsuccessful experiments attempting to demonstrate endonuclease cleavage activity of the recombinant flu polymerase (with Mike Leahy).
- Nov 2000-Jul 2001