Correspondence of the Lehfeldt family, c. 1830-1948
Correspondence, mostly family letters, of the Lehfeldt family, including:
- Folder 1: Lehfeldt family letters, mostly correspondence between Joseph Lehfeldt, Luise Lehfeldt née Jacoby, and their children Leonhard, Clara and Paul, c. 1830-1849. Also includes correspondence between Joseph Lehfeldt and his brother Wilhelm Lehfeldt, his sister Johanna Lehmann née Levy (Lehfeldt) and her husband Joseph Lehmann, and some letters by Betty Bamberg (née Levy) and family friends.
- Folder 2: Lehfeldt family letters, mostly correspondence between Joseph Lehfeldt, Luise Lehfeldt née Jacoby, and their children Leonhard, Clara and Paul, c. 1850-1858. Also includes a correspondence between Joseph Lehfeldt and his brother Wilhelm Lehfeldt, his sister Johanna Lehmann née Levy (Lehfeldt) and her husband Joseph Lehmann, and some letters by family friends.
- Folder 3: Lehfeldt family letters, n.d. Letters and fragments of letters mostly from or to Joseph, Luise, Leonhard, Paul and Clara Lehfeldt. Also includes unidentified photocopies of Lehfeldt letters found with Thomas Braun's family history research material.
- Folder 4: Correspondence and documents relating to Joseph Lehfeldt's career as a publisher and partner at Veit & Co., and railway lobbyist, c. 1839-1856. Includes a letter regarding a loan from Bamberger & Sohn, Glogau, 1840; receipt for a contribution to charity ('Unterstützungs-Verein für die Abgebrannten in Hamburg'), 1842; letter from the [Prussian] Minister of the Interior to Joseph Lehfeldt regarding a government grant for foundation of a newspaper, 1848; documents relating to the continuation of 'Constitutionelle Zeitung', 1850; documents relating to Berlin-Strahlsunder Eisenbahn, 1847 and 1857; miscellaneous notes, receipts and travel tickets, 1840-1856.
- Folder 5: 'Briefe von Vorfahren und Familienmitgliedern (Handschriften) II' - Lehfeldt family letters collected and transcribed by Thomas Braun, c. 1865-1914. Includes sketches and letters from Paul Meyerheim to Clara Lehfeldt, c. 1865; a menu illustrated by Paul Meyerheim for the wedding dinner of Julius and Luischen Schmidt, 1870; letter from Wilhelm Lehfeldt to his sister-in-law Luise [Lehfeldt], 1870; letters from Leonhard Lehfeldt sent from Lorraine during the Franco-Prussian War, to his brother Paul and to Paul and Clara Meyerheim, 1870-1871; letters from Luise Lehfeldt to her son Paul in Berlin, 1871; letters from Paul Lehfeldt to his brother Leonhard, 1871; letters of congratulation to Paul Lehfeldt on his graduation as a PhD, 1871; letters from Luise Lehfeldt to her children Leonhard, Clara and Paul from Robert Lehfeldt's estate in Erdmannsdorf, Silesia, c. 1873; verse by Paul Lehfeldt, 1885 and n.d.; postcard from Paul Lehfeldt to his niece Gertrud Friedmann née Lehfeldt, 1893; letter from A. Werner to Paul Meyerheim, 1899; letter from Paul Lehfeldt to his son Bernhard, 1900; letters of condolence to Bertha Lehfeldt on the death of her husband Paul Lehfeldt, by Siegfried Ochs, Charlotte Ochs, Max Bruch, Gertrud Friedmann née Lehfeldt, and Josephine Lehfeldt, 1900; photocopy of a letter by Seraphine Lehfeldt née Munk, 1902; letters from Josephine Lehfeldt, later Heermann, to Bertha [Lehfeldt], 1904, and Bernhard Lehfeldt, 1909 and 1914.
- Folder 6: Lehfeldt family letters, c. 1918-1948, including letters from Bernhard Lehfeldt to his mother Bertha, 1918 and 1933-1940, and to Konrad Braun 1933, many with critical remarks on the Nazi regime; letters from Josephine Heermann née Lehfeldt, to relatives, 1941-1948; correspondence of Konrad, Gerhard and Thomas Braun in England with Lehfeldts in Germany, 1945-1946; transcript of Josephine Heermann (Finchen)'s letters of 8 Aug 1941 and 2 Apr 1951 to her cousin Rose Feig in Valparaiso, Chile.. Also includes Bernhard Lehfeldt's obituary, 1941.
- Creation: c. 1830-1948
1 box (6 folders)
Language of Materials
MS. Braun 91