Papers of, and concerning, Gerhard Braun, 1893-1946
Papers by, or about, Gerhard Braun found with the papers from Anneliese and Ruth Braun's house, including:
- Folder 1: Letters to Konrad Braun, 1937-1945. Also contains some letters by Anneliese Braun and Ruth Braun.
- Folder 2: Letters to Elisabeth, Bernhard, Bertha and Heinrich Lehfeldt, 1915, 1917, 1939 and 1946.
- Folder 3: Memoirs 'Freundliche Erinnerungen aus einem stürmischen Leben', c. 1945, original notebook and some transcripts and translations by Thomas Braun and Christopher Braun. Also contains verse 'Chronik 1938-16 April-1939' written by Gerhard Braun for his wife Anneliese for her 38th birthday, 1939, and 'Liste unseres Besitzes am 20.5.1943', list of possessions compiled 1943.
- Folder 4: Personal documents including birth certificate, certificates of baptism and confirmation, university certificates and certificates and references relating to his career as a medical practitioner. Also includes a CV in English, c. 1940.
- Folder 5: School exercise books, 1910-1912; school certificate 'Zeugnis der Unbescholtenheit', 1912.
- Folder 6: Documents and memorabilia relating to his military medical service career, 1914-1918.
- Folder 7: Papers concerning Gerhard's death, including letters of condolence sent to Konrad Braun, 1946.
- Creation: 1893-1946
1 box (7 folders)
Language of Materials
MS. Braun 32