Miscellaneous Command, Foreign office and other official papers, c.1847-9
MS. Clar. dep. c. 549
Held at the Weston Library
- Cmd. Paper (not published), New Zealand affairs in 1848.
- Memorandum addressed to Palmerston by J.S. Stoddart (British Consul at Alexandria), Feb. 1847, on Egypt and British interests in the Mediterranean. (Printed as a Confidential F.O. paper.)
- Confidential memorandum on the Army by Lord Grey. (Printed by F.O., Nov. 1846.)
- Report by Consul Abbott to Palmerston on his journey to the coast of the Caspian Sea in 1847/48, dated Apr. 1848. (Printed)
- Report to Palmerston by Consul Green on the commerce and agriculture of Greece, dated 22 Jan. 1847. (Printed)
- Printed correspondence of Palmerston and others with M. Isturiz, 1848
- General Thomond O'Brien to Clarendon and Henry Southern to O'Brien concerning Irish emigration to South America, 1848
- Notes sur les droites de la Maison de Gonzaga, addressed by His Most Serene Highness Prince Joseph-Louis de Gonzaga to the Emperor Joseph II in 1784; communicated to Francis II, 1817 and 1818, to Castlereagh in 1815, Metternich and Talleyrand (concerning Italy) with covering letter dated 7 Feb. 1849, Duke of Mentone to Clarendon
- Copy of despatch, Palmerston to John F. Crampton (Chargé d'Affaires at Washington), dated 4 Aug. 1848, sent to Home Office 7 Sept. 1848, being a protest against U.S. aid to Irish rebels.
- Confidential Printed (F.O.?) Paper on 'Maritime Power of France.' by Le Comte Louis de Villeneuve, ancien Capitaine de Vaiseau. Attached to the printed paper is a MS. note as follows: 'Secret. This paper was brought to Lord Normanby by the Person who had been employed to copy it for the author. Lord Normanby understood that it was submitted to the late French Government and that the present chiefs of the Admiralty Dept. are inclined to receive it, and that the author (an old Naval Officer) has been summoned to Paris to consult with them. F.O. June 17 1848.'
- 1849. Lettre addressé à M. Tannegoy Duchatel, par quatre cents electeurs des sept cantons de l'arrondissement de Jonzaz - and the reply. (Printed)
- Letter (translated from Italian to French) from Palerme, 11 Jan. 1849 (The Minister of Foreign Affairs to Baron Gridani, Chargé d'affaires at Paris)
- 1848. Correspondence concerning transit of mails from Singapore and Sydney
- Abstract of conversation between Napoleon I and the Batavian Ambassador at a time when Napoleon contemplated the invasion of England. (Printed (F.O.?) paper.)
- Mr. Wilson to Clarendon, 28 Apr. 1848
- Mr. O'Lacy to Clarendon (?) from Bogota, 13 Jan. 1847
- Creation: c.1847-9
Language of Materials
MS. Clar. dep. c. 549