Miscellaneous papers parcelled and listed by Clarendon, mainly 1834
MS. Clar. dep. c. 469/1
Held at the Weston Library
- Text of Treaty of Utrecht (printed).
- Cabinet paper on French activities in Spain since 1841 (printed)
- Second paper on the same subject
- Miscellaneous papers of 1834 (New lists have been made for some packets and are included here.)
- 24 Jan. 1834, James Graham to Villiers, Situation in Spain and Portugal
- Note by Büschenthal on Don Pedro's amnesty, n.d.
- 15 June 1834, Büschenthal to Villiers. Intercepted papers
- 23 May 1834, Palmella to Villiers. (Treaty of 22 Apr. 1834)
- Copy of Quad[ruple] Treaty (Portuguese), n.d.
- 5 Feb. 1834, M. Rodet (Paris) to Villiers. (Villiers' embassy to Spain.)
- 22 May 1834, Ofalia to Villiers
- 11 Apr. 1834, Sir Alexander Malet (from Lisbon) General Bern (Polish General in trouble in Portugal)
- 12 and 29 May 1834, 2 letters from M. de Sarmento.
- 17 June 1834, Palmerston to Le Marquis de Miraflores. (Copy)
- 17 Mar. 1834, Sir Robert Adair (Brussels) to Villiers (introducing Col. Arias)
- 1834, Lord Althorp to Villiers (introducing Col. Arias)
- 8 Sept. 1834, Miss Jane Porter to Villiers (advancement for her brother)
- 27 Feb. 1834, Crave (Paris) to Villiers (Paris politics)
- 4 letters from Lord Auckland (Board of Trade)
- 9 May 1834, Lord Clarendon to George Villiers
- 10 July 1834, Lord Clarendon to George Villiers (change of Government)
- 22 July and 2 July 1834 (2 letters), Marquis de las Amarillas to Villiers (New Eng. govt.)
- 11, 27 May and 22 June, 3 letters, Perez de Castro to Villiers (Lisbon)
- Draft despatch, M. de la Rosa to Frias, concerning Don Carlos' return to Spain, n.d.
- 24 Jan. 1834, Copy of decree by Don Carlos
- 10 Feb. and 20 May (?) 1834 (2 letters), Baron de Freville(?) to Villiers
- 2 Jan. 1834, Wellington to Villiers (thanks to Zea).
- 27 Mar. 1834, Chairman of Oriental Translation Committee to Villiers
- 25 Apr. 1834, Mr. Honan to Villiers (explanation of correspondence in newspapers)
- 13 June 1834, Col. George Flinter to Villiers (situation in Spain and Portugal)
- 2 Dec. 1834, Mr. Cochrane to Villiers
- 5 Aug. 1834, Mr. Wysel (?) to Villiers (seeking information concerning education in Spain)
- 22 Apr. 1834, M. de Saraiva to Infante Da. Maria Francisca de Assis. (Copy)
- 22 Nov. 1834, Villiers to Lt.-Col. Wylde (despatch by Spanish courier)
- 28 Sept. 1834, Mr. Mitchell to Villiers (his release from prison)
- 16 July 1834, M. Accra (?)'s complaint to Count Toreno concerning protection given by British cruisers to smuggling ships. (Communicated confidentially to Villiers by Count Toreno.)
- 15 July 1834, Despatch from Spanish Chargé d'Affaires at Constantinople to M. de la Rosa. (Copy)
- 20 Mar. 1834, A. G. Stapleton to Villiers, establishing authorship of a pamphlet on Canning's policy on Portugal. (Stapleton was Canning's Private Secretary.)
- 2 Mar. 1834, Palmella to Villiers
- 14 Aug. 1834, General Castanos to Villiers
- 20 Oct. 1834, Spanish Minister of Interior to Villiers
- Correspondence between Villiers and Büschenthal, with three or four miscellaneous letters
- Miscellaneous papers for 1835 (list by Clarendon attached)
- 5 Mar. 1835, Miss Jane Porter to Villiers (advancement for her brother)
- 11 Mar. 1835, Wellington to Villiers
- 12 Jan. 1835, General Mina (?) to Villiers
- 4 Mar. 1835, Lord Clarendon to Villiers
- 25 Oct. 1835, Lord Clarendon to Villiers
- 6 Oct. 1835, Villiers to Madame Graham (Copy)
- Jan.-May 1835, Correspondence with M. Cazes (?).
- 13, 14 Apr. 1835, Mr. Alonso to Henry Southern.
- 26 Feb. 1835, Francisco Antonio to Villiers
- Miscellaneous papers of various dates (list by Clarendon attached)
- Creation: mainly 1834
Language of Materials
MS. Clar. dep. c. 469/1