Iraq continued, 1929-1936
MSS. Lugard 127
- File 1, fols. 1-19: Note of the current state of education, 1930-1931.
- File 2, fol. 1 and items 1-8: Draft of a new judicial agreement between Britain and Iraq, note by the Secretary General, general conditions to be fulfilled before ending a mandate, provision for protection of minorities and the "Report of the Special Committee on the Declaration to be made on Termination of the Mandate", 1929-1932.
- File 3, fols. 1-52 and items 1-2: Correspondence with Gilbert Murray and Sir Arnold Wilson, papers circulated by the Mandates Section secretariat and the Colonial Office, notes of a talk with Wilson and newspaper cuttings on the status of minorities in Iraq on cession of the Mandate, 1930.
- File 4, fols. 1-21 and items 1-3: Draft declaration to be made by the representative of Iraq on the termination of the Mandate, petitions from the Assyrian community in Iraq, correspondence about Lugard's letter to The Times on their behalf and a report by the Council Committee for the Settlement of the Assyrians in Iraq, with some newspaper cuttings, 1931-1934.
- File 5, fols. 1-5: Correspondence about Lugard's inquiries in Geneva about the status of Air Force officers in Iraq after cession of the Mandate and the decision on the railway along the pipeline, 1931-1932.
- File 6, fols. 1-137: Cuttings from newspapers and from Hansard about the position of Assyrian refugees in Iraq, 1932-1936.
- File 7, fols. 1-9: Lugard's notes for his speech in the debate on the Assyrians in the House of Lords, 1935.
Language of Materials
MSS. Lugard 127