Gough's diary etc., Written in about 1740-1805, almost entirely by R. Gough
- Fol. 10. Gough's diary, 1761-7
- Fol. 120. 'Peregrinatio Wakefeldiana, 1766, a half cento from Virgil, in Latin
- Fol. 129. a drawing of, and poem about, Dinas Bran, near Llangollen, 1767
- Fol. 139. a poem on a supposed 'Battle of the Books' in the Bodleian, about A.D. 1767-8
- Fol. 145. poem 'on the Society of Antiquaries [of London] & their library', about A.D. 1768
- Fol. 192. poems connected with Gough's marriage in 1774, cf. fol. 94
- Fol. 207. poems of a local nature, chiefly relating to Enfield, from 1770 on
- Fol. 257. poem by Isaac D'Israeli to Gough, 1788 beg. 'Thanks, gentle Clio'), a copy ?
The pieces are roughly in chronological order.
- Creation: Written in about 1740-1805, almost entirely by R. Gough
Language of Materials
MS. Eng. poet. c. 5
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. VI, no. 32550
14 7/8 × 10 1/2 in.