Miscellaneous papers (maps, charts, journals, drawings, extracts and the like, some printed), by or collected by Thomas Shaw, Written chiefly in the second quarter of the 18th century by T. Shaw
Miscellaneous papers (maps, charts, journals, drawings, extracts and the like, some printed), by or collected by Thomas Shaw, including:
- Fols. 217, 394, 396. plans, etc. of the Pyramids
- Fols. 58, 466. Notes, surveys, etc. relating to Lower Egypt by capt. John Dove, about A.D. 1725, and capt. Andrew Elton, Aug. 1728
- Fol. 362v. vocabulary of the (African) language of the Kabyles
- Fol. 388. fragments of an English work on Physiognomy, written early in the 18th cent., with woodcuts from J. B (ulwer)'s Man transform': (1653)
- Fol. 118, cf. 155. Spanish letter from padre Francisco Ximenez, administrator of the hospital of San Juan de Matha, A.D. 1732
- Fol. 372. letter from Henry Loftus, May 12, 1693
- Fol. 370. Latin letter from Joseph Shaw, about A.D. 1730
A longer list of contents will be found in the manuscript catalogue of this MS.
- Creation: Written chiefly in the second quarter of the 18th century by T. Shaw
Language of Materials
MS. Add. D. 27
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. VI, no. 27811-27812
15 1/4 × 10 5/8 in.