Miscellaneous papers collected by Dr. Robert Shippen, Chiefly written in about 1680-1740
Miscellaneous papers collected by Dr. Robert Shippen:
- P. 5. Copies of archbp. Laud's letter presenting MSS. to the Bodleian, 22 May 1635, with the reply of the University, in Latin
- P. 37. 'Abstract of Mrs. Jordans [and the Loders'] title to Longworth ...', co. Berks, 1701
- Pp. 60, 79. Draughts of a proposed Act of Parliament about the site of the Radcliffe Library (the act as passed is 7 George i, cap. 13, 1720)
- P. 83. Two letters of Ralph and one of Thomas Frank, Nov.-Dec. 1721
- P. 97. Two papers relating to the right of New College to elect its own Fellows, 1726
- P. 105. A copy of Richard Grey's deposition about the Crewe benefactions to the University of Oxford, 1731
- P. 115. A copy of Dr. George Clarke's will and codicils, 1734-36
- P. 139. A case on the part of the University about the road from Burcot to Oxford, about 1720?
- P. 143. Legal opinions about a Darby Fellowship at Brasenose college, 1739/40
- P. 157. The matriculation paper of Francis Tutte, of Christ Church, 8 April, 1747, with the signature of Eusebius Isham, Vice-chancellor
- P. 161. one of the annual Latin Bodleian speeches: beg. 'Si honores ab Academia'
- P. 183. -- Ward's argument in defence of the privileges of the Chancellor's Court at Oxford, about 1720 (?)
- Creation: Chiefly written in about 1680-1740
Language of Materials
MS. Top. Oxon c. 106
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. VI, no. 31567
13 1/2 × 8 5/8 in.