Manuscript beg. 'A discourse of Laws & Courts of Justice, both ecclesiastical and temporall, in the state of Israel & among us', written in the first half of the 17th century
- (viii: fol. 1) 'A discourse of Laws & Courts of Justice, both ecclesiastical and temporall, in the state of Israel & among us', by Stephens: in eleven chapters.
- (fol. 33) A letter from Stephens to a member of Queen's college, Oxford, on the subject of art. 1, about A.D. 1650.
- (fol. 37) 'A Comparison between the Belgick, Gallick, Bohemian & Scottish with the English Covenant', by Stephens, the title later.
- (vi: fol. 95) 'The History of the Puritans in England, their originall, progresse & projects, etc.', in four parts, apparently by Stephens.
- (xiii: fol. 166). 'The Persecution of the Clergy by the Presbyterians', by Stephens, including an answer to John White's speech (fols. 184, 214).
- Creation: written in the first half of the 17th century
Language of Materials
MS. Bodl. 306
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 27682.