Notes of engagements in Gilbert's clergyman's almanack , and pocket-books containing notes and sketches, 1823-1873, n.d.
(MS. Wilberforce g. 9) notes of engagements in Gilbert's clergyman's almanack, 1873. 278 pages, bound in calf wallet binding.
Pocket-books containing brief notes on books and lectures, church and domestic affairs, notes for speeches, verse and a few sketches:
- (MS. Wilberforce g. 10) 1823. 39 leaves; half red calf.
- (MS. Wilberforce g. 11) c.1839-1840. 59 leaves; calf, with clasps. (fols. 25-51) are blank.
- (MS. Wilberforce g. 12) c.1839-1840. 93 leaves; calf.
- (MS. Wilberforce g. 13) c.1850-1852. 70 leaves; calf, with clasps.
- (MS. Wilberforce g. 14) c.1853. 55 leaves; calf, with clasps.
(MS. Wilberforce g. 15) pocket-book containing notes mainly for speeches as Bishop of Oxford, n.d. 118 pages; calf, with clasp.
(MS. Wilberforce g. 16) pocket-book, including notes on the architecture of Chichester cathedral. 40 leaves; calf, with clasp. (fols. 13-29) are blank.
(MS. Wilberforce g. 15) pocket-book containing sketches and a few notes, mainly in a child's hand, n.d. 59 leaves; calf, with clasp.
- Creation: 1823-1873, n.d.
Language of Materials
MSS. Wilberforce g. 9-17
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 55710-55711, 55713-55719.