Miscellaneous papers, some personal, written in the middle of the 18th century by E. R. Mores
Miscellaneous papers, some personal, among which are:
- 'Some particulars concerninge the good gouernment of the College tendered to Mr. Prouost and the society ...', 17th century (fol. 9);
- one of Dr. R. Rawlinson's papers continuing Wood's Athene Oxonienses, about Wilfrid Clarke of Queen's (fol. 23);
- a list of the seceders of 1748 (fol. 30: see a paper in MS. Gough Oxon. 15, fol. 27);
- specimens of Mores' private press at Low Leyton, etc. (fols. 42, 86);
- 'Proposals concerning Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction', 1689, 'No. 9', not in Mores' hand (fol. 48);
- Commentarius de Ӕlfrico, by Mores (fol. 94, cf. 73) nearly as printed by Thorkelin in 1789 from this MS., but without the appendixes.
- Creation: written in the middle of the 18th century by E. R. Mores
Language of Materials
MS. Gough Oxon. 17
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 28042.
8 5/8 × 7 in.