Miscellanies, written in the first half of the 17th century
- (fol. 1). 'Apuntamientos politicos ...';
- (fol. 17).'Tratado de el privado perfecto', by Matheo Renzi, 1622;
- (fol. 36). 'Expulsion de los Judios' de España 1492, translated into Spanish, followed by an account of two murders in 1250 and 1485;
- (fol. 87). 'Censura al libro y vida de la madre Mariana de Ihesus', 1630;
- (fol. 104). A sonnet by Marcos de Carrascossa (beg. 'De el Thracio Orpheo'), with a long commentary;
- (fol. 141). 'Pliny's Epistles', bk. ix, ep. 7 (beg. 'Aedificare te scribis'), with a long commentary, perhaps by fray Diego Nysseno.
(fols. 44-85, 95-102) are blank
- Creation: written in the first half of the 17th century
Language of Materials
- Spanish; Castilian
MS. Add. A. 140
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 28364.
8 1/2 × 6 3/8 in.