Commonplace books kept by Jane Pattison, mother of Mark Pattison, Written in 1817-1859 by Jane Pattison
Commonplace books kept by Jane Pattison, mother of Mark Pattison:
- MS. Pattison 66: Choice extracts from printed books, preceded by an index, inscribed Feb 25th, 1817, 256 pages.
- MS. Pattison 67: Calendar of biblical texts for the year 1819, followed by some private prayers, 30 leaves.
- MS. Pattison 68: Choice extracts from printed books, preceded by an index, no date but c. 1845, 100 pages.
- MS. Pattison 69: Choice extracts from printed books, fols. 55-96 are blank, commenced Jan 1848, 96 leaves.
- Creation: Written in 1817-1859 by Jane Pattison
Language of Materials
MSS. Pattison 66-69
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. VI, nos. 35669-35672
9 1/4 × 7 1/2 and (MSS. Pattison 67-69) 7 3/8 × 4 5/8 in.