Drawings and letters of members of the family of Polignac, written in 1801-1844
'Portraits de la Société à Fontainbleau en l'an 1827 et 1829 ...', consisting chiefly of drawings (coloured and other) of members of the family of Polignac, but also including letters in French:
- (fols. 32, 9) from the prince de Polignac, Nov. 18, 1830, and Aug. 16, 1844
- (fol. 11) from king Louis the XVIII, Sept. 7, 1801
- (fol. 14) a copy of one from king Louis the XVIII Feb. 27, 1811
- (fols. 30, 35, 37)three from madame Calixte de La Touche, in English, 1838-9
- (fol. 73) one from Henri duc de Bordeaux, Nov. 15, 1836, printed with a wrong date in miss Pigott's Records of Real Life, ii. 298.
There are many souvenirs of the party at Fontainebleau, including some views of the château.
- Creation: written in 1801-1844
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
MS. Pigott b. 3
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no 23483
15 1/4 × 13 1/8 in.