Transcripts by Francis Junius, Written in the mid-17th century by Francis Junius
MS. Junius 74
Held at the Weston Library
Transcripts by Francis Junius, comprising:
- Fol. 1. the pseudo-gospel of Nicodemus, copied from MS. Ii. ii. 11 in the University Library at Cambridge and collated with Cott. MS. Vitell. A. xv in the British Museum, beg. 'On paere halgan prynysse naman ...'
- Fol. 11v. the embassy of Nathan the Jew to Tiberius Caesar, from the same, beg. 'On Tiberius dagar oaes miclan Caseres ..'
- Fol. 18. an Old Scottish vocabulary with Greek equivalents, described in the Old Catalogue as 'Scotica Etyma Petri Junii'
- Fol. 42. 'Incipiunt hymni canendi per circulum anni', being Latin hymns with interlinear Old German gloss copied from MS. Junius 25
- Fol. 64. an alphabetical index of the words and equivalents in fol. 42.
- Written in the mid-17th century by Francis Junius
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
- English, Old (ca.450-1100)
- German, Old High (ca.750-1050)
MS. Junius 74
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 5185
8 7/10 × 6 2/5 in.