Extracts by Junius from Old English collections, Written by Francis Junius in the mid-17th century in England
Extracts by Junius from Old English collections in MS. 201 at Corpus Christi college, Cambridge, comprising:
- Fol. iv, 'Wulfstani archiepiscopi paraenesis ad cujuscunque conditionis homines curae suae commissos. Descripsi ex MS° collegii s. Benedicti (alias Corporis Christi) quod est Cantabrigiae, inveniturque pag. 19 voluminis 284', here collated by Junius with Cotton MS. Tib. A. iii in the British Museum. beg. 'Pulғɼτan Ancebiɼceop ƽpeτed cpondlice peƽnaɼ on eode' (fol. 1). At fol. 9 is a rough draft of the same
- Fol. 18. 'Incertus auctor de sanctis in Anglia sepultis', for which see Wanley, p. 86. beg. 'Her cyd ẏmbe pa halƽan pe on Anƽelcynne peɼtađ'
- Fol. 21. 'Adami status post lapsum', beg. 'Adam ɼe æpeɼta man ær ƽeɼceapen on neopxna ponƽe.'
- Creation: Written by Francis Junius in the mid-17th century in England
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
- English, Old (ca.450-1100)
MS. Junius 38
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 5150
8 4/5 × 6 1/2 in.