Old English sermons and tracts, Written in the 11th century at Worcester
Old English sermons and tracts, in the same hand as Cott. MS. Faust. A. x, with contemporary Latin glosses, and further glosses by the Worcester 'tremulous' hand (for which see MSS. Hatton 20, Hatton 76, Hatton 113).
Nos. iv (fols. 23-30v, also in MS. C.C.C.C. 178, fol. 101), vi, xvi, xxvi, xxvii, xxxii are perhaps unprinted. Fols. 140-53 are additional leaves.
(a leaf is missing after fol. 82)
- Creation: Written in the 11th century at Worcester
157 leaves, of which
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
- English, Old (ca.450-1100)
MS. Hatton 115
- Nos. ii-iii (fols. 10-23), vii-x (fols. 40-58), xiii (fol. 59v), xix-xxiv (fols. 68-94v, except 12 lines on fol. 85) are printed in Thorpe's Homilies
- Nos. v (fols. 30v-3v), xi (fols. 58-9), xviii (fols. 66-7), xxxi (fols. 131v-9v) in Skeat, Aelfric's Lives, i. 364, ii. 120, i. 424, and i. 384
- Nos. xv (fols. 61-3), xvii (fol. 65v) in Napier's Wulfstan, as nos. vii (part), viii, and xli (last par.)
- No. i (fols. 1-10) in Crawford, Bibliothek der angelsächsischen Prosa
- Nos. xii-xiii (fols. 59-60) by Napier in Anglia, x. 154
- No. xiv (fols. 60-1) by Kluge in Englische Studien, viii. 60
- No. xxv (fols. 95-9v) by Assmann, Bibliothek, iii. 1
- No. xxviii (fols. 108v-16) in Crawford, Heptateuch, pp. 401-17
- No. xxix (fols. 116-21) by Morris, in E.E.T.S., vol. 34, p. 296
- No. xxx (fols. 121-31v) by Maclean in Anglia, viii. 2-54
- Nos. xxxiii-xxxix (fols. 148-53v) in Cockayne, Leechdoms, iii. 150-80, and no. xxxix (fols. 152v-153v) by Forster in Englische Studien, lx. 89
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 5135
On fol. 1 is a (?) 12th-cent. library press-mark .xxii., and an erased 16th-cent. Worcester inscription (cf. MS. Hatton 113). Acquired by the Library in the same way as MSS. Junius 21, Hatton 113-114, 116.
- This MS., which is App. iv, no. 4, in C. H. Turner's Early Worcester MSS. (Oxford, 1916) is described in Wanley's Catalogue, pp. 36-40, under 39 articles, of which:
- Others which have been printed are:
On parchment, binding, blind-tooled brown leather on boards, late 17th-cent. English work. The first three and last two leaves are 17th-century paper.
6 3/10 × 10 1/10 in.